Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI SE

A GROM like this.

GROM-USB2_big.jpg

why didn't you just get an USB/MP3-enabled radio?

Because some people prefer OEM radios, and in my case, going aftermarket means I will lose my steering wheel controls. Sadly, the GROM thingie only works with pre-98 Merc OEM radios.

why didn't you just get an USB/MP3-enabled radio?

As Adu says I just prefer the look of the standard radio and it has high enough quality sound to keep me satisfied.

Oooh, very nice! I'm thinking of having my Leon remapped soon. Tell me how the clutch/flywheel holds up please, they're only rated up to 300 nm.

No problems in the 6 months it has had the remap.

It's fucked. I'm too pissed off to say anything else right now.

Basically it got hydrolocked. I was driving along a flooded road on Saturday and a large bow wave from a 4x4 on the other side hit it and swamped the engine bay. Some of this must have been sucked into the engine and appears to have bent a conrod or two.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that man, really am. Hope the damage is not as bad as you think.

That was a VW garage assessment so I think it is. I'm probably going to sell it as is and buy something else.

As a small update I sold it to my brother and bought a 2006 2.0 TDI Leon.
Unfortunately the turbo blew up a little under 3 weeks after I picked up the car, taking the engine with it, so I'm looking for something else again.

Yeah. Luckily the Leon was from a major dealer and had a warranty so won't cost me anything.