Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI SE

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
Placed a deposit down on my new car today, ready to pick it up on Thursday. It is a 2004 Seat Toledo and has covered around 43,000 miles. The car is in mint condition and I only found one minute dent on the front left wheel arch.
It is fairly well specced with 6 CD changer, climate control, computer and so on.
I'll get better pictures when I pick it up.

I like it. Kind of looks like a Bora, but unique enough to be distinguished.

Cool Seat. That 1.9TDI is a solid motor, good choice. At 43k, it's just getting broken in.

Can we get some interior pics? I'm interested to see how it differs from the VW offering.

Looks like a smart little car, not pretentious but enough of a looker not to be white good :)

Last edited:
Excellent purchase. I've got a Leon of the same vintage, exact same engine too, and it seems we both have the same interior. Don't you just love the seats? If you don't have one, I'd recommend tracking down an armrest, it makes a world of difference.

If you want, I can share some tips. :)

My car already has an armrest fitted.
If I have any questions I'll remember to direct them towards you.

another vote for arm rests

i cannot, repeat cannot buy a car without one now...... theres a really well priced octavia vRS diesel and its been spec'd without an arm rest..... so its a no go. i also need cruise as well, cant live without that.

i have the 1.9TDI in my car too, mines the Pumpe Duse version so its got individual injectors for each cyl and 130bhp, rather than the single pump on the 90/110 models. still, i test drove plenty of octy's with that 110 unit and its plenty fast, lots of grunt too. my only criticism of the engine is that its bloody rough and tractor like, especially when cold. though u can get the injectors to turn off if u coast in gear...its amazing how much noise they add.

for reference.... mines got a FSH and its done 130,000 miles on pretty much original everything (just had the belt done though, and the front breaks before that, but everything else is original)..... so at 43k you got a hella lot of life left in it, its just getting started. no doubt you'll be looking after it so id say you'll have no trouble with it. good choice.... the bora is boring, as is the golf from that generation... the only other vag car i would of considered is the MK1 octy, but the seat looks a lot nicer, and again very good that its got an arm rest.... i found seats with arm rests hard to come by when i was looking, so good find.

It is the 110 version in this car.

I haven't got any interior pictures yet but these are the best images I could find of other cars.

*interior shots*

That interior looks great. :) Congrats on the new purchase!

Armrests... cruise control... what happened to simple motoring?

I picked up the car this morning and I have to say that it is awesome. It is absolutely chucking it down here so no pictures until Tuesday.
Only slight disappointment is that the CD autochanger is missing, but I was going to take it out and put an mp3 interface in anyway.
I also can't really see what all the fuss about the armrest is for. It just gets in the way of the handbrake and gear lever. Probably more use on a motorway though.

^ is the changer in the boot? if it is its no big loss anyway IMO, mines in the boot and i dont use it because its just an arse to go change CD's all the time. added to the fact the damn thing just doesnt work properly and keeps telling me the mechanism is bust.

in my mates GTI he has the changer under the armrest...you just lift it up and its there. much better place to put it, in my dads car they managed to get one in the center panel!. just go for one of those carlink things that you hide in the glovebox, then you can hook up an Ipod to the original stereo and have it control the ipod if you wanna keep the stock look. otherwise.... double DIN unit FTW!

arm rest is a god send on motorways! give it chance.

I'm not bothered by the lack of the changer, it would just have been nice to flog it on Ebay or keep it for when I sell the car.

Better Pictures.

That is very tidy. I've always been a fan of the diesel Bora and it's similar if not mostly the same so I'm a fan of the Toledo too. Just don't forget, that bag is for life.

I installed the mp3 interface yesterday (I forgot to take any photos). It can handle 6 "folders" with 99 tracks in each, which can be controlled with the usual CD changer interface. I have put it behind the dash so there is just a USB cable coming out to plug USB drives into.