See what was at #1 on the day you were born

I was rather thinking of these guys who occupied #1 during the majority of 1986:

What was number 1 when you were born is less relevant than what was number 1 40 weeks before (37 in my case as I was 3 weeks prem).

"The Israelites" - Desmond Dekker and the Aces.

Dear god

[video=youtube;Pav2f4b-1ZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pav2f4b-1ZE[/video]

But this was number 2!
[video=youtube;W38r-ZEGVoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W38r-ZEGVoY[/video]
I still pump this song!

What was number 1 when you were born is less relevant than what was number 1 40 weeks before (37 in my case as I was 3 weeks prem).

"The Israelites" - Desmond Dekker and the Aces.
For me (Or rather, my parents), it was "Help!" by the The Beatles.

No wonder my mom named me John Winston...

"Satisfaction" from the Stones... not bad for a birthday song :D

You know what's strange? The Hoff might have been successful here for a couple of months back then (as far as I remember he had only that one hit and the fall of the Wall probably boosted it out of proportion before anybody had the chance to think about it) but nobody here talks about that anymore.

The only ones that still keep the memory alive, are the Americans. Why? Secret envy? Or a kind of strange fetish? ;)

Last edited:
[...] The only ones that still keep the memory alive, are the Americans. Why? Secret envy? Or a kind of strange fetish? ;)

Well, if that is the worst thing Germany has done in the last 60 years and others have to rub our noses into that ... then I embrace our chest and head curly-haired american hero who brought down the wall hand in hand with Ronald Reagan ... :)

As a german I struggle why the Brits seem to like this guy?s comedy, wich I find absolutley cringeworthy ...
If I were Austrian I too couldn?t figure out why the Americans made Arnold a superstar and succesful politician.

But I think the worst one can do is actually take this sort of pisstaking seriously and be offended by it. Wich just shows a lack of humor about oneself. I can laugh about Hasselhoff. So should everybody else in germany.

Top of the World - The Carpenters (AU)
Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree - Dawn (US, CAN & UK)
Der Junge mit der Mundharmonika - Bernd Cl?ver (GER)

:blink:

Er, I can not find anything for 1955, were there charts back then?

Anyway I likes Sandy Nelson "Let there be Drums" and the Everly Bros "Dream, ...". They were my brothers and the earliest singles I remember.

UK: Ren?e&Renato - Save your love
US: Hall&Oates - Maneater
AUS: Musical youth - Pass the dutchie
CAN: Lionel Richie - Truly
DE: Culture club - Do you really want to hurt me

Nice and wide take on early 80s stuff, I'd say. :)

This in the US (which is pretty good.)
And this in Germany. :p