Seeding Files - Give it more than 1kb per computer!

DrFoster

Hi guys, I seem to be the only one on here who seeds files anymore for BT at a speed above 3kb/s...

What's the deal with us all asking for 100+kbs downloads from my server per file, but when I want to dl a file, all I get from you guys is like 3kbs!?!? :?

Come on - that's totally lame. If you're gonna share a file, 50kb won't hurt your bandwidth when you're on a T-1/T-3/OC3 heck even the late DSL connections. I don't want to, but I guess I'll stop seeding every topgear known to man, including the JC videos and also all of the meet the neighbours videos. In fact, I may go ahead and make it a on request only type deal because the "community" is failing us all - not sharing or sharing at low speeds makes the whole concept of Bit Torrent fall flat on it's face.

Don't make Bram Cohen cry! Seed files at better speeds!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

what files are you trying to download?

probably those over a year old

torrents only work the first few weeks, after that they get slow
if you want sth, make sure to get it when it's released

afterwards you better check p2p programs or ftp

please, i have uploaded over 480 GB worth of seasons 1-6. you are not the only one putting out here. :roll:

hmmm, well I always have my share ratio at at least 1, so I get what I give.

Plus we have a couple of 100 Mbit Seeders... I never had speed problems... Seems to me that you are the only one downloading slow...

Plus you should be grateful to get the Shows. So shut up.

in europe a lot of us are stuck on something like adsl with 240kb/sec down and 24kb/sec upload... :yucky:

I allways seed TG Torrents up to 1.05. And normally, I use closed sites, so I seed anyway.

Oh, and I have 350kb/s down and 45kb/s up. It really sucks.

CyberMonkey said:
Buba, always the subtle one ;-)

Come on. The only people I ever saw complaining about the speed around here had their system/Inet not set up properly. And Mr 35 posts comes along and complains...

i don't even know what my download speeds are. i start it in the evening, and by the time i wake up it is done. (or start it before work, its done when i get home)

my big push now is to try to compile the highest quality versions of the old episodes, and keep them available.

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/709752/

that the torrent i have been seeding.

and i am thinking about jumping in on this one...
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3495509/Top_Gear_Season_1-8_Complete_Fixed_Clarkson_Heaven_and_Hell

but i dont want to alienate the people downloading the other... i just want the best :)

Alright - I've been very generous by seeding every TG episode and the rest of the JC and related ones at 100M off my server, but since you guys would rather say "shut up" and "oh please" I'll remove them all... Honestly, I was happy to provide a service to you all but now that I get that kind of smack, I see truely who I was giving it to.

I thought this forum was a group of mature individuals, but obviously a few of you decided to speak up and let your true colors show through when I simply asked everyone to push up the speeds a tad and share with everyone. This is how community file shares work - SHARING. Don't feel you "did your part" by maxing your outbound stuff at 1kb/s and eventually getting it to 100% share ratio.

Later guys

DrFoster said:
Alright - I've been very generous by seeing every TG episode and the rest of the JC and related ones at 100M off my server, but since you guys would rather say "shut up" and "oh please" I'll remove them all... Honestly, I was happy to provide a service to you all but now that I get that kind of smack, I see truely who I was giving it to.

I thought this forum was a group of mature individuals, but obviously a few of you decided to speak up and let your true colors show through when I simply asked everyone to push up the speeds a tad and share with everyone. This is how community file shares work - SHARING. Don't feel you "did your part" by maxing your outbound stuff at 1kb/s and eventually getting it to 100% share ratio.

Later guys

:blowup:

I'm sure the most here have a ratio of 1:1. You have to think about all the other people who doesnt know about this site and download it from mininova. Total downloads are 100.000+. Sure they are pleased to get TG for free, when you can't get it on TV.

So you are downloading 3KB/s. There must be something wrong with your connection or settings. and even if you only got 50 seeders and they are seeding with 2KB/s you got a decent download, some of us could only dream about the speed.
anyway ;)

I could always laugh at people complaining about illegal downloading isn't fast enough...

A really mature individual would have been focused on facts a bit more... I mean, which torrent are you talking about? Or was it just a general rant?
I use private sites as well, and I've never been thrown out. Well once, but that was because I forgot about that account.

DrFoster, I get what you're saying, but assuming for a moment that people with a broadband connection deliberately are capping their up-speed at 1k a second, and also assuming that you don't have a config problem, you're still insulting a lot of people by practically proclaiming you're the only who seeds anything.
You come off looking like you're just stroking your own ego.

Not trying to be confrontational or insulting here, just giving you a perspective of how you're being perceived.

FYI, consider yourself lucky, it takes me 2-3 days to get a 700MB file from a "fresh" torrent.

I get the image of a kid taking his ball and going home in a huff.

I always get fantastic speeds, and I always repay that with a +1 share ratio; I've never had to download a TG torrent at less than 20-40k, even the old ones. Why don't you point us to the exact torrent you're talking about so we can see what speeds we get?

DrFoster said:
Don't feel you "did your part" by maxing your outbound stuff at 1kb/s and eventually getting it to 100% share ratio.
I don't limit anything. Now you are being imature.