Seeds Of Ethnic Cleansing Sprout In Europe - NPR

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Talk of the Nation, July 10, 2008 ? A new plan in Italy would fingerprint every Roma Gypsy in the country. It's the first time the government has targeted an ethnic minority since the days of Mussolini. And across Europe, xenophobia seems to be moving from the far right to the mainstream.

NPR's senior Europe correspondent Sylvia Poggioli discusses anti-immigrant anxiety in Europe with Glyn Ford, labor member of the European Parliament and former chairman of the Parliament's Committee of Inquiry into the Rise of Racism and Fascism (1984-'86), and Jakob von Weizsacker, a research fellow at Bruegel in Brussels, Belgium.

Listen to the program: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92421149

This is a thirty minute segment from the NPR radio program "Talk of the Nation". I suggest you give it a listen and we can reflect on it in this thread. While I was aware of a certain amount of racism in Europe I was not aware of so many officials being elected who seem to have quite disturbing views on immigration (legal or otherwise).

I always find it quite humorous when I read an article from a European news agency about illegal immigration or race in the United States. They always try to make it look like the average U.S. citizen is a racist or mistreats illegal Hispanic immigrants. But then I read an article about legal Eastern European/African/Middle Eastern immigrants in Europe and then its the Europeans who are the good guys even though it seems that the Europeans are treating these immigrants with more disdain and racism than one would find in the United States.

It is true that the U.S. is a nation of immigrants and immigration and perhaps that is why we seem to be better at taking them but still, Europe needs to try much harder and not ignore the problem.

Well, Italy is the capital of Europea, and that's where we Europawns
get our brain programing. So, now we all must fingerpring Roma Gypsies.
Long live the Hive, long live Europea!!!

List of immigrants who became legal U.S. citizens in 2007 by country of origin:
http://img392.imageshack.**/img392/5523/imstatsnx7.png

Interesting, more Chinese than I would have thought and as you can see it seems that the English love us. Apparently the slightly lower numbers in 2007 are due to a backlog, they will increase in 2008.

....and as you can see it seems that the English love us.

Might have less to do with loving the US and more to do with hating what the UK has become........ and so move somewhere that still speaks English ;)

This happened because our f***ing Gypsies went to Italy and started to do exactly what they do here. A.k.a. being beggars, stealing stuff, raping and beating people.

And because of that, Italy now hates us with a vengeance.

I always find it quite humorous when I read an article from a European news agency about illegal immigration or race in the United States. They always try to make it look like the average U.S. citizen is a racist or mistreats illegal Hispanic immigrants. But then I read an article about legal Eastern European/African/Middle Eastern immigrants in Europe and then its the Europeans who are the good guys even though it seems that the Europeans are treating these immigrants with more disdain and racism than one would find in the United States.

my view, still writing in "we"-form though:
we aren't realy racist, everyone can come over, no matter what they look like, but they HAVE TO LIVE BY OUR RULES AND OUR HABITS

if they get a house, get a job, get decent (western) clothing no problem. if on the other hand they choose to live in campers (like the gypsies), not have work, stick to their tradition...GET THE FUCK OUT!

but this article only goes about gypsies. and they're the worst of all. everywhere they come, you get waves of burgelaries, shop and cartheft, ... they don't have an adress, so even i they wanted, they simply can't have a job. still they all drive in big ass mercs

Last edited:
but this article only goes about gypsies. and they're the worst of all. everywhere they come, you get waves of burgelaries, shop and cartheft, ... they don't have an adress, so even i they wanted, they simply can't have a job. still they all drive in big ass mercs

Mate, you have just described what happens around here. Except for "waves" of whatever it is. Maybe in other areas of the country, but it's rather sporadical in this area.

And yeah, all Gypsies around here seem to have Mercs.

(Base trim and entry-level engine models...)

^over here you can't live in a camper on the same spot for a longer period (because of taxes and stuff), so they have to travel around

each time they visit an area, crime rates sky rocket

and they don't drive base level mercs, big ass S- & E-classes
never seen one in a C-class

E- and S-Classes, but the base trim level and the smallest engine from those cars.

And the "badge delete" option to hide the small size of their *ahem*power*ahem*plant.

We are all reflectiong on the same issue here. Immigration into Europe from Islamic nations has NEVER worked, and will not work, atleast in the near future. The only place in which large scale immigration has EVER worked, is in America, and that's because America doesn't offer anyone anything. No free healthcare, no free schooling, no free nothing, people have to work for things. Whereas in here, the Immigrants just come, live in houses paid for by the government, get all their money off social security, and for pasttime, and additional cash, rape and steal from people. I say keep the borders closed, let them work out the problems in the countries they are from. And if thats not possible, move into a country that is similar in atleast some way to the country from which they came.

I would like to me remind that the article is just a short description of an audio clip at the link.

30 mins is a bit long to listen to at work

and the subject is in the media over here, won't hear many new things i think

We are all reflectiong on the same issue here. Immigration into Europe from Islamic nations has NEVER worked, and will not work, atleast in the near future. The only place in which large scale immigration has EVER worked, is in America, and that's because America doesn't offer anyone anything. No free healthcare, no free schooling, no free nothing, people have to work for things. Whereas in here, the Immigrants just come, live in houses paid for by the government, get all their money off social security, and for pasttime, and additional cash, rape and steal from people. I say keep the borders closed, let them work out the problems in the countries they are from. And if thats not possible, move into a country that is similar in atleast some way to the country from which they came.

i totally agree with your point, but that's not only with islamic people, that goes for all foreigners

and we are discussing gypsies, who aren't islamic, and european to start with

Well, I'd like to point out that even in the USA many of the immigrants are not really integrated, but keep to themselves in "ghettos".

Like everywhere else, it is usually the first generation that was born in the new country, that starts to adapt. No difference there between immigrants to the USA or, say... Turks who live in Germany.

Oh... and did I mention already that racism is a worldwide problem and exists in every country? That's because the tendency for racism is a universal feature of mankind. The only difference is the way it is handled. Some talk openly about it and try to heighten the public awareness, some tend to ignore the problem or plainly deny that it exists.

So only because you see or hear more reports about single events of racism or hostility towards foreigners from otherwise free and open-minded Western countries, it doesn't mean there is more of it. It's just more talked about, due to bad experiences in past, you know...

Having said that, let me tell you that I am a big supporter of immigration, because our local birthrate is declining rapidly and if we are to survive as a nation both socially and economically, we need fresh blood from outside. Also I'm a fan of a multi-cultural scene.

There is, however a problem: Many of those who come to Europe are not doing it to get a job and start a new, decent life. Many are only here to start a criminal career. The organized crime is completely in the hands of immigrants from the former Eastern Block, Africa and Asia and many of those who commit the crimes are victims, too, who were blackmailed into crime. Those organized gangs also ruin the reputation of their innocent compatriots in the process. That is a problem and it must be allowed to discuss it.

And about Italy, well... you always have to consider that they were perfectly capable of electing a felon as prime minister twice... what do you expect? ;)

Last edited:
And about Italy, well... you always have to consider that they were perfectly capable of electing a felon as prime minister twice... what do you expect? ;)

He appears to have covered the felon part............

ROME - The lower house of Parliament has approved bitterly contested legislation that would grant immunity from prosecution to Italy's top officials, including Premier Silvio Berlusconi.

The measure was passed Thursday thanks to the votes of Berlusconi's conservatives, who have an ample majority. It now goes to the Senate, where it is expected to pass.
Critics say the measure is meant to protect Berlusconi, who is a defendant in a corruption trial in Milan. Berlusconi has maintained his innocence and depicted himself as the victim of left-leaning magistrates.
The legislation would grant immunity to the president, the premier and the two speakers of parliament while in office.

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080710/ap_on_re_eu/italy_immunity_law;_ylt=AkIRFdj_Q8_COsXx63oKvup0bBAF

I was in Italy a couple of years ago and asked our local tourist guide why they elected Berlusconi in the first place, knowing he probably committed crimes?

She shrugged and said: "The Italian people likes men with balls".

He appears to have covered the felon part............

it's not final yet

he already tried to create that law once under his last term, but some court stopped him also after it had been passed by the parliament

hope they stop it this time as well

30 mins is a bit long to listen to at work

and the subject is in the media over here, won't hear many new things i think

i totally agree with your point, but that's not only with islamic people, that goes for all foreigners

and we are discussing gypsies, who aren't islamic, and european to start with

Yeah, im sorry for straying off topic. But honestly, not all foreigners are bad, I mean, most people who come from continental Europe countries like Germany, France, etc. get along fine.

Well, I'd like to point out that even in the USA many of the immigrants are not really integrated, but keep to themselves in "ghettos".

Really? You seem to know a lot about my country. I take it you have spent months, if not years, living here.

I mean, if would like me to, I can dream up a thousand stupid stereotypes about Germany...