SEMA 2008: Ford F-150 SVT Raptor unveiled in its natural environment

I am not a truck guy, but I love this. A truck you can buy and with minimal modification go out dune crashing in. I also like the use of the new Hurricane (BOSS is too confusing of a name) V8. Now Ford needs to do what they originally planned and put the thing in the Mustang (with some DI insanity).

I like it but I'd have to change out that ridiculously ugly Ford script in the grill.

I like it but I'd have to change out that ridiculously ugly Ford script in the grill.

At least it isn't in chrome. The truck itself looks pretty badass, I'd love to see it in action. Also it's good to see that SVT is coming back.

I had my doubts about this truck, but the more I think about it and now see these photos...svt is officially back. This truck actually makes more sense than the Lightning, and knowing svt, the warranty will not be voided for "playtime" :D

Hahaha I lol'd hard when i saw the giant Ford lettering on the grille. Hopefully you can replace it with a regular one, because this car looks FANTASTIC! DO WANTS!

I'll say this right now. Ford is not allowed to go bankrupt. This is made of pure awesome.

I especially love that grill, how bad ass is that!

[YOUTUBE]pO8Qx1WKyB0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]C0YN1gmrEyo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3pBSto378NU[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhh now thats a proper Ferrari offroader! It sounds fantastic too (as I knew it would) :D

Normally I would say this thing is about as useful as a snooze button on a smoke alarm, but the Texan inside me screams loudly with the backdrop of a NASCAR V8; AmericaTexas, fuck yeah... Imagine turning up for a tailgate for either a NASCAR race at Texas Motors Speedway, or a Football game at Tech (Suck it, Longhorns :p) with that truck sporting a gun rack and two kegs of beer in the bed... :wub:

Nice! :cool:

I would like one in dark camo brown with BFG MT's please.

At least it isn't in chrome. The truck itself looks pretty badass, I'd love to see it in action. Also it's good to see that SVT is coming back.

Yes but the fewer people who can immediately tell it's a Ford, the better.

Nothing wrong with driving a Ford.

Wow, I didn't think they'd actually build it. A pre-runner with a warranty? That is motherfucking awesome.

Ummmmmm
Yes please?
That is all.
Me want Jeremy to review.

Let me sum up his review:

Yank joke
Bad interior
Yank joke
Yank joke
Pointless test against a dissimilar vehicle
Yank joke
Yank joke
Attempt to drive and park it in Cambridge
Yank joke
Comparison of BHP figures against dissimilar engines
Yank joke
Yank joke
Point out it doesn't have a locking boot, and therefore is useless.
Yank joke
Brits could have made it better
List of ways the Brits would have made it better
Yank joke
Conclusion: Clarkson hates it and burger-eating land-walking whales that are all Americans
Yank joke

Give it to Hammond, the Driving God.

^ What he said.