Sep 23 - SO Classic - GTI/GT [SR:09-FR:65Laps]

I had a pretty good sprint race, was doing very well for the first half of the feature, did a very early pit, avoided heavy traffic and was pretty much hotlapping, and as people started pitted, I started to gain positions up till 2nd/3rd place where I made a mistake and was caught in traffic and therefore fps dropped to 10, hit a wall and completely screwed up my suspension, pitted came out and wanted to chase jayhawk, pushing very hard and coming out the corner, there was a standing car on the only line out the chicane, hit it, damaged my car, kept driving and crashed the wall slightly after because of the suspension, pitted again and came out the pits 10th and about 25secs behind mischief, then I had another opportunity to gain 1 place when mischief pitted again, but fps dropped again to 10 when MorroW, mischief and I were battling so hit the wall and ended up 10th.

Very interesting race overall, one of the most exciting... can't wait for other SO combinations :D.

and ps. If anyone has the results and Q, could you post them here?

Awesome feature race for me. Started at the back, was behind traffic at the beginning, then had some minor crashes and decided to pit early. And it was a great strategy, got to drive pretty much alone some fast laps and catch everyone as they pitted. I had only one bad accident, when lapping tmbrudy in the chicane. Front of the car got a new shape but driveability remained fine, so I didn't have to pit. Then did some fast laps again, soon I was 4th behind geeman, passed him, then behind FF and FiredUp, passed them as they crashed, then I was pretty sure of my victory. But too bad FiredUp was too good and passed everyone in front him in no time including me and I got to 2nd place. Which I'm very pleased with. Damn good race. :thumbsup:

Current Standings:
Overallstandings.jpg

Detailed ones are on the way as soon as ESPN posts the stats :D.

:lol: I meant the picture to be funny! Though my wrists are killing me, and I can feel an arthritis flare up coming...well, a bit of pain for alot pleasure. And it IS a pleasure to be online racing with you fine people. :)

jayhawk said:
:lol: I meant the picture to be funny! Though my wrists are killing me, and I can feel an arthritis flare up coming...well, a bit of pain for alot pleasure. And it IS a pleasure to be online racing with you fine people. :)
Oh. :lol:
I wasn't sure how much of it was a joke, I tend to get seriously depressed when I don't do well.

Andy:
Here are the stats:
http://espnsti.in2hosting.org/LFS/Stats/2006-09-23_15.43.34_results.html
http://espnsti.in2hosting.org/LFS/Stats/2006-09-23_16.50.10_results.html

Sorry for the accidents I caused today. Its the first time I have raced on the track so i was trying to keep it clean but hit the walls a bunch which put me in line of fire. But I had alot of fun out there. Sorry again!

Don't worry about it, even the "veterans" were paying the walls a visit at times.

tmbrudy said:
Sorry for the accidents I caused today. Its the first time I have raced on the track so i was trying to keep it clean but hit the walls a bunch which put me in line of fire. But I had alot of fun out there. Sorry again!

South City can be pretty intimidating because it feels like your boxed in; no runoff area, weird bumps, etc.

Really good practice for that layout is with a FOX. Once you can control that, South City Classic becomes a really fun track.

tmbrudy said:

don't worry about it mate, its all very common on SO racing... I tend to get annoyed for about 10mins or so if that happened :D.

but nevertheless, it is still my fav. track so far as its challenging with the bumps, can't wait to race there again :D, and jayhawk, I still never had a chance to have a battle with you yet :D, maybe we'll do in FE Green this weekend

Is someone going to post the replay? Might get some sweet screen caps from this exciting race.