Status
Not open for further replies.

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
Happy birthday ludacris!

ludacris9.jpg

Oh, also, something else was apperantly happening in the autumn of 2001 besides "Word of mouf"... Discuss what this means to you 9 years later to match this touching tribute video.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bV9iNStEI]Never forget[/youtube]

Last edited:
I think it's ridiculous some sort of monument hasn't been built there yet, they should have started designing a monument as soon as the clean up was finished. I feel for the families who lost someone because of such a horrible thing.

I think its a shame that a building hasn't started to be built on that site yet. I think thats would be the best memorial of all. Instead we are spending time moaning and complaining about a mosque being opened two blocks from the site. What better way to memorialize 9/11 than rebuilding a skyscraper on that site with the a mosque 2 blocks away. It says we will rebuild while allowing religious freedom right next door.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy...-palin-to-use-911-as-fundraising-opportunity/

If you don?t have plans for Saturday, a couple of leading right-wing personalities would love for you to celebrate the anniversary of 9/11 with them. It?s a little expensive, but who among us can really put a price on exploiting a terrorist attack?

Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are appearing together in Anchorage, Alaska Saturday to mark the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, and tickets don?t come cheap: The Ticketmaster page for the event lists regular adult tickets at between $73 and $130 and tickets plus a ?meet & greet? at $225.

The event will also have a ?dry section? where no alcohol is served and a ?wet section? for those who want to drink.

Palin heralded the event on her Facebook page last night with a message beginning, ?Glenn?s coming to the Last Frontier!?

?I hope my fellow Alaskans (and anyone visiting from Outside) will join me this Saturday, September 11, 2010, at Anchorage?s Dena?ina Center at 8:00 p.m. Glenn Beck will be there ? you won?t want to miss it,? she wrote.

I seem to recall an understanding that 9/11 needed to be treated with reverence, and must not be politicized or exploited. Are we to assume this quaint notion is a thing of the past?

Will Bunch noted, ?If there?s a contradiction or some sort of irony in cashing in over 9-11, that seems to have eluded the hosts. Palin wrote this week on her Facebook page: ?We can count on Glenn to make the night interesting and inspiring, and I can think of no better way to commemorate 9/11 than to gather with patriots who will ?never forget.? Visa and MasterCard accepted.?

Bunch added that this is a reminder as to ?why Glenn Beck made $32 million last year and Sarah Palin made $12 million in a matter of months. The only difference is that this time it?s 9/11.?

Adding insult to injury, Lee Fang noted that others on the far-right also hope to profit from the anniversary of 9/11. Disgraced lobbyist Ralph Reed will wrap up his ?Faith and Freedom Conference and Strategy Briefing? on Saturday, and Newt Gingrich will unveil some new movie he put together on the same day.

It was offensive enough when the right treated 9/11 as if it belonged to conservatives. This new tack somehow seems worse

No need to be upset about the "tribute" video; in fact, you should be glad he put it up so in the future, you can either put him on your ignore list (don't feed the trolls!) or have the benefit that you really know what kind of person he is.

Which is to say, an asshole. Hi, asshole! :wave:

I feel sick now. Lovely.

No need to be upset about the "tribute" video; in fact, you should be glad he put it up so in the future, you can either put him on your ignore list (don't feed the trolls!) or have the benefit that you really know what kind of person he is.

Co-signed. My ignore list has it's first ever resident.

Well I have "Reported" it anyway, so no one else need bother.

I keep telling myself that Matt didn't see the whole video before he posted it...

Yes, it's a lovely day here in Denial.

It should be obvious by now that Matt likes to troll.

Anyhow, it's been 9 years and we still don't have a new building up yet. That is the real outrage, all the money, and businesses, lost so some dipshit politicians can give themselves hand jobs at the tax payers' expense.

Not that I am bitter or anything.

Im sorry for being stupid but have i missed what was wrong wiht the video?

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. :lol:

Co-signed. My ignore list has it's first ever resident.

... Mine has six.

(well, one is Atlantian- does that even count since everybody in the end ignored him?)

Status
Not open for further replies.