Serbs invade Croatia...again. - Zagreb Micromeet on 4.4.2015.

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
Car(s)
‘14 Mazderp3, ‘22 Checkpoint SL 5
This invasion will likely fail even more than the last one. I may be American now, but I'm a dirty liberal hippie, so basically useless at war.

I'll be in Zagreb on 4.4.2015., and it seems IceBone, ed47, nicjasno, and/or some other folks may wanna' meet up for the day. I think I can handle a few Euroassholes like myself for a day, so why the fuck not?

Imma' be carless, localphoneless, and Internetless, but who cares?! Let's do at least lunch or dinner or drinks or a combination (involving drinks ? I just realized I've never gotten drunk in Europe) of those. I don't mind a day trip somewhere, either, though I'll depend on someone (at least relatively) sober to shuttle me to and from wherever we want to go.

I depart the barbaric West to head to the barbaric East on Friday, so at least some of the plans should be relatively finalized by then, so I can arrange my travel plans accordingly. I'd like to avoid paying FailT&T the proverbial buttload of ca$h for roaming charges of various sorts if at all possible.

So, who's in? I'll bring Bud Light if you want! :D

I think i might not be attending, because sat/sun is gearbox swapping time. Car lift is already booked. This means i'll be in Wildon, Austria.

I have EU internet, so I'm fine with that.

I think the safest bet would be Frankiess training down to Kr?ko at 12:28, then it's another 45 minutes to Zagreb by car, we park at Altoid's BnB and continue on foot. At the end we'd sleep over at the BnB (not driving home drunk) and leave in the morning. The part in between is up to you, locals. ;)

Can we get some kind of timetable of things going?
Like, when are you getting to Zagreb, when should we meet, etc. If you don't want to buy local SIM cards just go into the nearest decent looking coffee place in town, they should have wifi and
we can whatsapp or whatever ;)

But then I'd have to get a whatsapp account, or something!

Anyway, I expect to be free all day, since I plan on arriving the day before and leaving the next morning.

I have EU internet, so I'm fine with that.

I think the safest bet would be Frankiess training down to Kr?ko at 12:28, then it's another 45 minutes to Zagreb by car, we park at Altoid's BnB and continue on foot. At the end we'd sleep over at the BnB (not driving home drunk) and leave in the morning. The part in between is up to you, locals. ;)

I've gotta' check how the BnB place feels about that. Y'alls might have to pay. :D

Also, it's way too far from the actual center of Zagreb to do much of anything on foot. We should either meet there and drive somewhere more entertaining, or I can meet you guys somewhere more entertaining.

I don't mind paying a few euros compared to many euros by being caught driving drunk or crashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Where exactly is the BnB, anyway? We might take a tram to the city centre, they're not expensive. (I wrote tramp twice)

- - - Updated - - -

I've also heard from boobo that he's in Split with his gf during that time, so he'll be missing out.

So, where's the BnB?

Anyway, I still don't know when I'll be coming or how long I'll stay. I have no interest in geting wasted or sleeping over.
Do you guys have anything you'd like to see or?
You can alway go to the centre, browse around the old town, have a few drinks etc. If you want something specific, I can maybe reccomend.
If I have time we can maybe drive up to Sljeme even. Not as exciting in a Fabia SDI but still...

I just reserved myself a room at the BnB: http://www.turopolis.com/onama1.html. Please note the place will be closed on Sunday (Easter), so no complimentary breakfast, or anyone there for anything. Self-checkout is how I roll, they have a drop box for room keys.

Anyone wanna volunteer to drive my ass to the airport around 6am on Sunday? If not, that's totally understandable because 6am fucking sucks, so I'm more than happy to arrange for a cab instead. :)

Also, what time do the other foreigners plan on arriving on Saturday? There's a chance I won't be getting there until that day, and I don't want to hang around alone for too long in that case.

Last edited:
We booked an airbnb with Ice from Zagreb centre for the weekend, so there's a place to hang out. In case turopolis proves boring. :)

Turopolis is guaranteed to be boring, it's why I stay there!

Super duper bro date tomorrow. Who's bringing the lube?