Series 11 -Stars in A Reasonably Priced Car

They could invite more music stars, because if you're not from UK you don't know much of theese stars :) I knew only one star from last season, it was James Blunt :)

as long as we in the UK know who's on the screen i dont think they care if anyone else hasnt got a clue who they are.

as long as we in the UK know who's on the screen i dont think they care if anyone else hasnt got a clue who they are.

Agreed, if they are known by their demographic in the UK then put them on. I really wish these threads would stop suggesting that Leno bloke.. I don't know who he is, I don't care who he is.. he can stay in his native land and carry on doing whatever he does, 'cos most Brits haven't got a scooby who he is!

Edit: I think Boris Johnson needs to come back:lol:

Last edited:
Murray would be great but getting too old now I think.

I don't think so, yes he's 84 but he still did two F1 race commentaries last year (and both of them only had the odd mistake and were miles better than ITV's James Allen). He rode in a two seater F1 car aged 75, and he did this only a few years ago:

[YOUTUBE]PIws06WoAn4[/YOUTUBE]

I don't see him having a problem with the Lacetti.

I don't think so, yes he's 84 but he still did two F1 race commentaries last year (and both of them only had the odd mistake and were miles better than ITV's James Allen). He rode in a two seater F1 car aged 75, and he did this only a few years ago:

[YOUTUBE]PIws06WoAn4[/YOUTUBE]

I don't see him having a problem with the Lacetti.

Murray has a lot of time on his hands. Mr. Wilman, if you're looking on this forum, please bring him on the show in S11E01... It's going to be quite a wonderful segment if he's on TG. And then, if possible, his two former commentary former-F1-driver mates. Although Jezza will disapprove a lot with Mr. Brundle's trousers...

Last edited:
Well, how about:

1. Gillian Anderson. Apparently she works in London now.

2. Ken Livingstone. (Well, he'll be coming up for re-election soon, right?)

3. The current Minister of State for Transport.

4. The Mythbusters (Adam Savage / Jamie Hyndman). Maybe get the BBC to invited them over to bust some more car myths?

5. The politician who resigned his Cabinet post to compete as a car racer.

6. Oz Clarke. (May as well annoy May.)

7. Keira Knightley (With all those name mentions in Season 10, she'd probably inaugurate a brand new Cool Wall)

8. Jay Leno (complete with pictures of his car collection)

9. Jackie Stewart (do you give him the Liana or the Lacetti?)

10. Dame Judi Dench / Sir Sean Connery (is M faster than 007?)

I'd really like to see Hugh Laurie on the show. That was one thing that annoyed me at first about the segment was how I didn't know who any of them were. But once you've watched the show for a little while it's not so bad. I like being able to learn a little bit about each of them. Keira Knightley would be interesting also, considering all of the things Jeremy has said about her in recents shows. "I would rather be inside of Keira Knightley than..." Heh. Maybe the producers should run a very quick montage of the things he's said. Get him to blush a little. Or a lot.

I think SIARPC makes the show more complete, but it does sometimes take away from it. I could go either way with it.

One way they could go is invite Murray Walker, have him commentate on Clarkson's lap, and then do a normal (perhaps abbreviated) interview.

Nicolas Cage is well cool. Also well known for his driving abilities.

Nicolas Cage is well cool. Also well known for his driving abilities.

Shame he can't act and appears in crap movies (with the exception of Gone in 60 seconds)

I know, my husband says he is a wooden actor. But you've gotta admit he's a great driver, does most of his own stunts:)

He is a wooden actor :D His own stunts? I don't think he does... The Gone in 60 stunts were done by a driver I think.

Vinnie Jones is a better actor than Cage :lol:

they should get the CAMRRAD racing drivers which have been nominated on the website to come on.

My top 5 would be

Russell Brand
Ozzy Osbourne
Matt Lucas
David Threlfall
Chester Bennington

Chris Barrie

Did somebody mention Vicky or "Baked Potato"? ;) That would be interesting.

How about none? If I recall correctly there is a lot of sentiment on this board to drop SIARPC all together. Granted, that probably won't happen.

If they are going to do SIARPC if they could at least get people who give half a shit about cars. When stars talk about the bad/weird cars they've had or the weird things that's happened with cars is when SIARPC is at its best.

I'd like to see non-F1 racing drivers in the show.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.