Series 12 of Top Gear Start Date?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Just looking at next week's Radio Times...

The listing for TG's usual slot is a 6 part series ("Charley Boorman: Ireland to Sydney by Any Means" if you're curious). Assuming no snooker or dog shows (wrong time of year) that frees up the slot for the new series to start on October 19th and finishing the eight episode run on Sunday December 8th although I expect a gap somewhere due to MPH which they'll fill with repeats or some other bollocks so the last one is on the Sunday before Christmas.

Last edited:
Nice, might be a Christmas finish again then. :)

They always finish around Mid December - end I think.

If they are planning a third week of October return, they are on Sundays, so the 19th is the day they should be talking about.

If they are planning a third week of October return, they are on Sundays, so the 19th is the day they should be talking about.
That's arguably the 4th week.

I don't know if MPH will cause any delays, it's not like they have to do a lot for the show since the features are already filmed.

The show is filmed on a Wednesday, and the live shows are starting on Thursday and ending on a Sunday. They have the money (since their tour doesn't have to be "fair" with their money) to right after the show get to ze choppah and quickly fly to an airfield and take a Learjet (or trust may) to Dublin (the furthest place away during this season) and be at the hotel 3 hours after filming ends. So no matter where those 3 times they will be in a hotel the day before needing to perform.

Rubs hands together in anticipation :D

I'm sure they've filmed stuff in the studio at the same time as they were doing MPH last year, and come to think of it the year before. So I can't see there needing to be a gap in the tv schdule :)

Rubs hands together in anticipation :D

I'm sure they've filmed stuff in the studio at the same time as they were doing MPH last year, and come to think of it the year before. So I can't see there needing to be a gap in the tv schdule :)

Maybe not. I only suggested that as a reason/way they could have their traditional Christmas finish. Given they have said they are back in October they wouldn't be able to finish at Christmas without gaps or they would have to start two weeks later which would make it November 2nd. We'll see when it happens anyway.

No, not November, October please - I do not want to wait any longer. That Basle to Blackpool 'special' is just going to be the dogs bollocks!

Last edited:
I thought MPH ran from Thursday to Sunday... Unless you're talking about the blobal versions.

I hope it's 19th October - I've got a count down in magnets on my fridge door. It'd be really sad if I got to 'zero days to top gear' and then had to go back to 'fourteen days to top gear' :cry:

Then again, it's probably really sad that I've got a countdown on my fridge door at all.....:(

Maybe not. I only suggested that as a reason/way they could have their traditional Christmas finish. Given they have said they are back in October they wouldn't be able to finish at Christmas without gaps or they would have to start two weeks later which would make it November 2nd. We'll see when it happens anyway.

There may well be snooker or rugby or international whiff whaff championships which could knock them off the air..

No, not November, October please - I do not want to wait any longer. That Basle to Blackpool 'special' is just going to be the dogs bollocks!

Uh, where have you been? It will be starting in the third week of October...

You can make a case for the 4th week but it is still the 3rd Sunday.
James May said the third week, not the third Sunday, no?

Luonnollisesti, sek? Mtv3:lla joskus sadan vuoden p??st?.

---
Same in english:

Of course.

BBC Primelt? tulee kyll? harvoin Top Gearia, joten saa n?hd?...
Kuis World? Tuleekos sielt? ikin??

Same in English as well:
They show TG on BBC Prime rarely, I hope that they'll do that. How about BBC World?