Series 17 Magazine Preview

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
So the latest TG mag just dropped through my door and as usual most of what they list is stuff we knew about anyway but here it is.

Hot Hatch Group Test including Moncao

Jeremy celebrates 50 years of the E-Type]

Richard tests the Marauder in South Africa

McLaren MP4 12C on track

James in a WRC Mini takes on skeleton bob Olympian Amy Williams :)may: Hello!)

May does his second ever track test in the new Aston Virage.

Richard meets a (Dakar?) Rally comprised entirely of ex-service personnel amputees.

Jeremy puts the Jaguar XKR-S against the Nissan GT-R on the track.

Top Gear builds trains - that won't go well.

Cheap Car Challenge - Luxury for less than ?6995 (Cost of a Nissan Pixo) featuring a BMW (750?) a Bentley and a (E-Class?) Merc.

Electric Car Road Trip

1 series M on track.

James tests the new RR Evoque

And James and Jeremy bet some demolition experts they can bring down a row of old houses faster. With something the military don't need any more.

All in all seems promising and as long as they don't script too much obvious falling down it should be a good one.

Now confused, which are the others?

I know he drove the Cadillac 16 around a track but that wasn't Dunsfold, he wasn't driving quickly and that was because the car wasn't road legal in the UK AFAIK.

Porsche Boxster tent thing (and a Porsche 911 homage model). BMW 7 series (with an AMG S Class). And Zonda convertible (with, I think a Veyron?) .... although I think shellygrrl might be overcalling the number of cars he actually drove. From memory, he was driven around by a stig in the S-Class, but I'm not sure he was ever at the wheel.

Well the mag described it as his second and I was thinking of the Zonda being his only other one. But thanks.

^ Trustworthy information has never been easy to find.

Years ago, a colleague and I treated a woman with amniotic fluid embolism. We decided to write her up as a case report, as it isn't very common. We started by looking up a few review articles and were astonished to find that they all stated that it can occur up to a month after delivery .. which just seems pathophysiologically ludicrous. These statements were all referenced by a case report from 1956. So, curious, we got a hold of that case report, read it, and concluded that it wasn't an amniotic fluid embolism at all. It was a case report of a common-or-garden pulmonary thromboembolism ... that is, the report offered no features that would make you consider amniotic fluid embolism as a viable diagnosis. It was clear that none of the authors of these learned review articles had ever bothered to read the paper they were citing and had simply plagiarized a mistake made in an earlier review. Our case report was the only honest thing written on the subject for 40 years. :mad:

What was that thing made of scaffolding he drove last series, when he said he felt like a dog with its head out of the window?

Sorry - I'm at work so relying on my dodgy memory.

What was that thing made of scaffolding he drove last series, when he said he felt like a dog with its head out of the window?

Ariel Atom V8.

Porsche Boxster tent thing (and a Porsche 911 homage model). BMW 7 series (with an AMG S Class). And Zonda convertible (with, I think a Veyron?) .... although I think shellygrrl might be overcalling the number of cars he actually drove. From memory, he was driven around by a stig in the S-Class, but I'm not sure he was ever at the wheel.

Zonda F Roadster (12x04), BMW 7-series vs. S-Class (though now that you mention it...) (14x01), Porsche Boxster Spyder + 911 Sport Classic (15x02), Ariel Atom V8 (16x01). If you count 7-series vs. S-Class, this is James's fifth track test coming up. If you don't, it's his fourth.

It sounds promising...And coming up FAST. :D

But I guess they're saving epic trip(s) for series 18...

That would make sense. They will be less busy once this series is over. Also bear in mind that at least two of their road trips (Botswana and Vietnam) were directly influenced by places Clarkson had already been on summer vacation.

As much as I'd like them now, I'd rather wait until Christmas time and beyond for the specials. That makes it seem like more of an indulgent winter treat (at least over here)... :p

They usually film the adventures around September. The air fares are cheaper then for a start

during both the trailers it shows jeremy and richard doing some sort of challenge together, nothing mentioned about it in that list though, any ideas?

No that's different challenge. They bought 4 doors saloon for that one.

I think it's the one with CL500 and 850i right? because I think I only see Jeremy and Richard in that one.