Series 2 in May

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Tvtonight has reported that Shaun Micallef?s Newstopia has been rescheduled due to Micallef's commitments to Network TEN for another programme. It says that-

"SBS had planned to launch a new season of Newstopia in May straight after new episodes of Top Gear Australia."

I notice that on the Top Gear Australia website (the sbs one) that James Morrison is finally up there as the host so things must be moving (or SBS remembered that the show existed).

I'm wondering if series 2 may start a little sooner ... perhaps April 13?

Applications are now open for studio audience tickets and the first episode looks like it will be filmed on April 7 (second episode on April 9).

http://www.sbs.simplicitycrm.com/editors/content.aspx?config=topgearaustraliatickets2009

EDIT: actually, No .. there seems to be a gap in the filming schedule (maybe there is some big soccer game in early May), so April 20 looks more likely

Last edited:
I noticed that there was a voiceover at the end of TGUK 12x08 tonight about tickets to TGA Series 2. It was Pizzati's voice.

You know, if I was up for another road trip, I'd probably go again ... :p

Eight episodes is good. I wish Top Gear UK would do 8 episodes per season.

All the filming dates for series 2 clash with my immutable appointment schedule :mad: ... guess I'll have to sit this series out.

Me too....hopefully I'll be able to attend a taping of the next one though. Yay for TGA coming back :)

I'm wondering if series 2 may start a little sooner ... perhaps April 13?

Applications are now open for studio audience tickets and the first episode looks like it will be filmed on April 7 (second episode on April 9).

http://www.sbs.simplicitycrm.com/editors/content.aspx?config=topgearaustraliatickets2009

EDIT: actually, No .. there seems to be a gap in the filming schedule (maybe there is some big soccer game in early May), so April 20 looks more likely

It'll probably be May. From memory, TGA is filmed much further in advanced in comparison to TGUK, which airs the following Sunday from the Wednesday filming.

EDIT: Good news everybody! The Dacia San...errr, looks like Warren Brown is being listed as the first presenter. Hopefully this means he's now the leader of the presenting team.

Last edited:
^ In the first series the Tuesday show aired the following Monday and the Thursday show aired the week after that.

EDIT: Good news everybody! The Dacia San...errr, looks like Warren Brown is being listed as the first presenter. Hopefully this means he's now the leader of the presenting team.

Or they could have just listed them in alphabetical order. Not that I would have any issues with Warren being #1.

looks like Warren Brown is being listed as the first presenter. Hopefully this means he's now the leader of the presenting team.

I think this would be a great move. He has the confidence and presentation skills to pull this off. I think he has the genuinely strongest personality of the original 3, even if the strength in personality is in a totally different direction to that of, say, Clarkson. Charlie always seemed a bit fake compared to both Brown and Pizzati, and Pizzati is still quite green although he is coming along well.

I also think that making James Morrison the main host would throw TGA into chaos, as most people don't remember him from Behind The Wheel. I have no doubt he could do it, but I think for the sake of both stability as well as trying to differentiate themselves from TGUK more, Wazza is the best choice.

I think we'll see a lot more cohesive and natural TGA for S2. I just hope they don't have the same numpty that did the scripts for S1 writing their material, as no matter how good the new TGA3 are, bad scriptwriting and excessively hammy delivery will kill the vibe dead ... which is why I really don't want to see 'What Were They Thinking?' ever again.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
The most important thing for me is who will be doing the interviewing for SIARPC. Charlie really killed that segment for me with pretty boring questions and lackluster commentating of the lap!

I'd liek to see Warren doing the interview. I think he'd do pretty well.

I'd like to see them all share the interviewing duties in series 2. The could take turns. By the end of the series it would be pretty clear who is best at it and that guy could take over all the interviewing in series 3.

^ I think that could be a good idea. Charlie (quite frankly) sucked at it. Warren might have been a better choice, but I'm not sure he is as good at listening as he is at talking ..... James might be better in this regard, but I don't think it is fair on him (or the other two) to put him in the hot seat straight away. Much as I like Steve, I don't think he has the presence to do it as well as either Warren or James ... but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Giving them all a go would help sort out this issue and also help free the program (a little) from direct comparisons with the original.

I hope Wazza hosts the show - he's my favourite :D But he better not make the audience chant something at the start of episode :lol:

As I've said before, make it a round table discussion, have Warren do the intros and that, but let all three add something in the discussion. It will both take pressure off each individual presenter, and help make it sound natural (as opposed to the awkward interviews by Cox).

As I've said before, make it a round table discussion, have Warren do the intros and that, but let all three add something in the discussion.

Like The Panel, only with cars? That sounds like a great concept for a car show, but it wouldn't really be Top Gear.

Anyone else here got tickets to the studio audience? I somehow was given tickets to both of my choices which was ep 1 and ep 3.