Series 2 on SBS

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
SBS will be airing series 2 of TopGear here in Australia from Monday the 25th of August onwards. :D

Hmm, should I put off releasing BBC World rips of season 2 then?

Just trying to decide if I should torrent up a pack for all of the BBC World episodes now and then later replace it with a torrent pack for the SBS rips.

I think I probably will. The bandwidth isn't a problem and it'll be 2-3 months before the SBS rips are all done.

Unless its a lot of extra work for you.

Nah, since it's only one torrent for the whole season, it's only 10-30 minutes worth of work.

Okay, fair enough.

SBS has alotted one hour for each series 2 episode. Series one was alotted one hour and five minutes for each episode, so BBC Worldwide must have cut a little bit more from these episodes that they did from series 1.

It is likely that whatever was cut from BBC Prime will also have been cut from the international version, which is what SBS get.

YES!!! :D

Finally we can see those greatest car in the world segments!

Okay, fair enough.

SBS has alotted one hour for each series 2 episode. Series one was alotted one hour and five minutes for each episode, so BBC Worldwide must have cut a little bit more from these episodes that they did from series 1.

I'm more hoping that's because SBS will have cut ad segments from 3 to 2...

Not likely, but you never know your luck.

I would point out though that, as it is, SBS shows far less ads than the three commecial networks. It shows less ads than pay TV and you're supposed to be paying for that so that you don't have to see ads.

There isnt a DVD with the complete season 2 episodes. The Back in the Fast lane DVD has some stuff from season 2 as it is a best of DVD from seasons 1 and 2.

I hope cpd is reading this :)

I am. :D

I'm a bit confused though. Are these early seasons never repeated on Dave? Or is there not a single UK viewer who is equipped to capture them?

It's such a shame that a) the music has to be mangled for the international market... stupid music licensing b) each series isn't available, unmolested, on DVD.

I am. :D

I'm a bit confused though. Are these early seasons never repeated on Dave? Or is there not a single UK viewer who is equipped to capture them?

It's such a shame that a) the music has to be mangled for the international market... stupid music licensing b) each series isn't available, unmolested, on DVD.
Well, as far as I have read it seems like when the episodes are repeated on Dave, they aren't in a specific order and are just random, except for the most recent Season, like how Clarkson commented on in 11x01

^ Dave is a terrible channel to get rips from. They are in a fairly random order, and have loads of adverts in them. And they really cut them down for Dave.

Anyway, a question. Possibly the wrong topic, but anyways... Those who have downloaded Series 1 from SBS; are there actually any extra bits in them than the current rips from BBC Prime? (Please don't punch me too hard for asking something which has probably been asked many times over)

Finally, season 2 episode 2 without subtitles :)
You mean you don't like learning Italian while you watch?

Heh. Actually, I'll be pleased to see it that way. It's only recently with airings of Scrapheap Challenge on (I think) Aussie TV channels that I've been able to find series 1 and 3 without all the non-removable subtitles in Swedish.

Anyway, a question. Possibly the wrong topic, but anyways... Those who have downloaded Series 1 from SBS; are there actually any extra bits in them than the current rips from BBC Prime? (Please don't punch me too hard for asking something which has probably been asked many times over)
There's definitely something in there to make it worth your while. The lengths of series 1 episodes in the original torrents are highly variable - I think one of them was cut to 43 minutes (similar to what you'd get on Dave), although I've found one or two others that were the full-fat, caffeinated BBC2 versions with everything intact, but with variable picture quality - some as bad as Jabba's rips but without the annoying captions, some with the aspect ratio mangled, etc.

To be safe, I now have two DVDs with series 1 - one of the originally available rips and a second with the SBS versions. I will be doing the same when the SBS series 2 torrent pack arrives, and I suggest everyone else does likewise.