Series 2 on SBS

Well, as far as I have read it seems like when the episodes are repeated on Dave, they aren't in a specific order and are just random, except for the most recent Season, like how Clarkson commented on in 11x01

Ahh, of course. Thanks.

If I'd put any thought into it at all, I probably would have realised this. :hammer:

I am new to top gear.It's a great car programme.So these days I am downloading some old seasons.I've seen the sentence"Since they were ripped from the original airings, they also feature the original music rather than generic synthesized replacement music which is usually added to reairings due to licensing issues." that is on finalgear.com website. Since I'ven"t seen the old TG show, don't know how much songs have been cut in the new rips and generally what time these songs came up in the old rips? And are there any differences else?

And what reason cause the new rips are better than the oldeds bofore?

And who gets the original source of TG show tv.And is the same person makes rips of TG got on the internet?

Thanks!!!

So is SBS going to show all the seasons in order? How long does it take for them to get through a series? Is it once a week or dialy? Now I dont know if I should download seasons 2-11 or wait until they are all eventually shown on SBS.

So is SBS going to show all the seasons in order? How long does it take for them to get through a series? Is it once a week or dialy? Now I dont know if I should download seasons 2-11 or wait until they are all eventually shown on SBS.

Seasons 4 and up are original airing rips. You won't be replacing the ones available in those packs.

Seasons 2 and 3 are currently BBC World rips, wait on those.

Just a reminder, series 2 this starts monday. That is Aussie time, it'll still be sunday in some parts of the world.

I'd choose to download them - that way you're getting the full 60 minutes. SBS will probably cut out the news....

Someone is ripping them, right?

I'd choose to download them - that way you're getting the full 60 minutes. SBS will probably cut out the news....

:rolleyes:

I've explained this sooooo many times over the past year and a half.

SBS never cut anything from TopGear. They show each episode exactly as the BBC sells it to them.

I desperately want to see the "Greatest car in the world" segments. Maybe someone should rip all the bits out of the BBC World rips and we'll use the SBS rips as they come out?

:rolleyes:

I've explained this sooooo many times over the past year and a half.

SBS never cut anything from TopGear. They show each episode exactly as the BBC sells it to them.

That's pretty much what I meant. Hey, if you'd rather watch a 50 minute show when in it's original format it is 60 minutes, go for your life :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Got a question people: How long have SBS had been given the international version from the BBC? Because remember, SBS once upon a time use to show everything on Top Gear (I think). I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember seeing pretty much the whole episode rather than the cut down one.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember seeing pretty much the whole episode rather than the cut down one.

The SBS rips are not cut down. :hammer:

Got a question people: How long have SBS had been given the international version from the BBC? Because remember, SBS once upon a time use to show everything on Top Gear (I think). I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember seeing pretty much the whole episode rather than the cut down one.

I, too, recall as early as last year SBS didn't have ad breaks. Whether or not it was the full 60 minutes, or 50 minutes with 10 minutes of ads at the end, I cannot remember. It was only early this year they started with the ad breaks. Right?

Ok, so instead of saying 'cut down' we should say 'airing international version' which is lots of extra keystrokes and then no one gets miffed!

It just finished airing and there was no 'Greatest Car In The World' segment, just a McLaren F1 in the credits.

And at just under 49 minutes, it looks like it was (probably) the BBC Prime version... :cry:

Last edited:
Will you rip it though? after all its proper widescreen, and a 350MB 624/640x352 XviD file of it would be a lot better than the old rips... :)

Last edited:
It just finished airing and there was no 'Greatest Car In The World' segment, just a McLaren F1 in the credits.
And at just under 49 minutes, it looks like it was (probably) the BBC Prime version... :cry:

Which sux, cos when they aired Season 1 it hadnt been tampered with at all. even scenes that were no longer relevant were kept in. Good example. jeremy clarkson asking for people to write/call in saying they got a granny who wants to do a donut. It was obviously no longer relevant, but they kept it in. Why couldnt they do the same with Series 2