Series 22 Spoilers

Thanks for creating the thread! Oh, and using my quote! I found the details on topgear wikia. I find that site quite trustworthy.

Last edited:
Interesting... with the content of the first 5 episodes now known, what's left? Based on the TG magazine article and "An Evening with TG", we have yet to see:

-Rescuing Richard in Canada using pickup trucks
-Used SUV challenge
-Used modest sports car challenge
-James and Tanner Foust racing in a rallycross event (possibly one of many UK vs US challenges)
-Power laps: Eagle Low Drag GT, Jaguar F-Type R Coupe, Lexus RCF

My point is, this doesn't seem like enough content to fill 5 more episodes, so I think there are still some more surprises ahead. (918/P1/LaF special please!)

Last edited:
Pickups were seen rolling down a slope and Jeremy was bouncing around in one in the S22 preview montage, so I assume there'll be a pickup challenge as well.

They were still filming new material just a few weeks ago so not all of the content will have been ready to put in previews.

Pickups were seen rolling down a slope and Jeremy was bouncing around in one in the S22 preview montage, so I assume there'll be a pickup challenge as well.
That is actually part of the used SUVs challenge.

According to photos, there will be a track test of the Porsche 918 (sure), and maybe the P1 (not very sure). There is also a review of the 991 Turbo S, James' done that, and I know that Richard Hammond will be going "wing walking" while Jeremy and James are in the audience. On top of that, all three presenters said during An Evening with TG that there was a lot still left to be done. They were apparently in the middle of "filming episode 8". I am fairly confident that there's more coming and a couple of surprises as well.

Last edited:
From the episode 5 preview: http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/behind-the-scenes-top-gear-series-22-episode-5-2015-02-20

As you'll see from our exclusive behind-the-scenes gallery, recorded at rehearsals and filming for Episode 5, the LaFerrari joins the P1 and 918 on our studio floor. This isn't, we must make clear, the occasion upon which all three hypercars will settle the ?who's fastest' dispute once and for all with a lap of our test track - though Jeremy's right now trying to make that happen - but it does give the boys a chance to have a proper barney about which they prefer.

image.jpg

Had a look at the photos. Can't wait to see them have an "argument"! And if lap times are indeed going to happen at some point in the series, the 918 is the most likely contender. And even if it isn't the fastest, although I'm hoping it is, its the one I would choose. Its capabilities far outweigh the other two's . And its also the prettiest of the three, and the most comfortable, economical and best one to live with.