Series 3 on SBS

Hey SBS, here's an idea, why not show TG on one of your 4 free-to-air channels instead of having the exact same shit run on three of them.

SBS can only afford to broadcast two distinct channels, which is why the others are simulcasts of SBS ONE. With the Government deciding not to give them the increase they were hoping for the triennial review earlier this year, they may have trouble keeping SBS TWO up and running.

But on the lighter side, series 3 will be returning to SBS on August 17th.:D

Top Gear is on tonight, although not sure what episode it is, it just says 'The team has a look at some of their favourite super cars."

Edit - Watching now and its the bugatti veyron challenge, but it hasnt got the other segments from that episode. So I'm guessing theres more stuff in this ep, just repeated.

Last edited:
^ yeah, it's one of the clip shows they did with stuff primarily from seasons 6 & 7. They did about 2 other ones i think. Too bad I'm going to miss next week's ep, I'm gonna be madly studying!!!

Dammit, I was really hoping they were going to air the Supercars-to-Milau-Viaduct ep.

Anybody know when the last two episodes of s3 will air/be available here? The final pieces in my Top Gear archive :)

^ heh, my dad had a freakout when he saw "unseen classic top gear!!!!!!!" advertised last night. he wasn't so happy when i told him it was just the end of season 3 and he has seen it before on BBC Knowledge (which has now progressed onto season 9, as I have just realised)

http://australia.bbcknowledge.com/

It is a FOXTEL/Austar channel, and basically the Top Gear Channel. It has Top Gear UK on every day except Monday (and twice or more a day some days eg Friday nights) and a heap of other good BBC programs. It was the channel that premiered James May on the Moon in Australia. It has to be my favourite channel on foxtel by far. At 5:30pm today the season 9 ep where James May drives the Veyron at top speed is on.

http://australia.bbcknowledge.com/

It is a FOXTEL/Austar channel, and basically the Top Gear Channel. It has Top Gear UK on every day except Monday (and twice or more a day some days eg Friday nights) and a heap of other good BBC programs. It was the channel that premiered James May on the Moon in Australia. It has to be my favourite channel on foxtel by far. At 5:30pm today the season 9 ep where James May drives the Veyron at top speed is on.

No not an Austar channel yet. Though when the new channels are released on Nov. 15 hopefully we will get it then.

It seems they've changed their minds over at SBS. They have skipped episodes 8 and 9 of series 3, gone straight to the "best of" episode 10 and will be going straight to series 4 next week.

Wonder how many more eps SBS will be allowed to air before 9 takes over the airing? I'm hoping it's right up until next year when season 14 will start.

Nine isn't going to start showing TopGear until next year, so presumably SBS will have it until then. When they announced the deal to make TGA a couple of years ago SBS said they had secured the rights to the UK show for the life of the programme. I don't understand how thy can lose them now.

^money does mysterious things..... :(

Just a heads-up for the torrent-makers, the last two unaired episodes of series 3 (eps 8 and 9) will be on SBS this Friday (Dec 18th) and next Friday (Dec 25th).