Several Toyota Hybrids Vandalized

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://cbs5.com/local/toyota.prius.vandalism.2.699842.html

Video at the above link.

PETALUMA (CBS 5) ? The Toyota Prius hybrid has become a prime target for vandals in a North Bay community, but no one has been able to figure out why.

About a half dozen Petaluma Prius owners had their cars vandalized in the past couple weeks. Nina Perkins' hybrid was damaged by a hammer in the middle of the night. While another Prius owner, who did not want to be identified, was the victim of two attacks in a two week span.

Gee, I wonder. :rolleyes:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2008/04/15/hammer.JPG

No matter the reason or vehicle--vandalism is not cool. I do however think those are some midguided Prius loons in that report.

Although it is a Prius that has been damaged (hooray!), it is still someone's vehicle that they own and cherish, in that case, this sort of thing isn't cool.

^

yup, but since its not my car.. Im gonna have a laugh about it.

I feel very divided on the issue, from one side I do not like vandalism from the other it's a damn Prius.

Suspect No 1:
celebgal_03_clarkson.jpg

:D

Although it is a Prius that has been damaged (hooray!), it is still someone's vehicle that they own and cherish, in that case, this sort of thing isn't cool.

While I agree with you the victims in this instance are Prius owners. Vandals, I salute you!

Maybe I'm losing my sense of humour as I age, but I see smugness in laughing at the owners misfortune just because they own Priuses.

Madcow, a lot people dislike BMW owners and consider them smug. Flyingfridge (and anyone else with a modified sports car), I'm sure you're aware of the anti-hoon sentiment growing in Oz. Wouldn't be so funny if you were the victim.

Having said that, they're Prius owners and being the sensible types that they are I'm sure they're all fully insured.

(didn't read article)

I've gotten the look from quite a few Prius drivers while in my Disco. One time the mere sight of my globe-warming, , earth-destroying, baby seal-clubbing 4x4 literally wiped the smile off a Prius driver's face and she instantly donned a "you are my mortal enemy, I shall vanquish ye!" look on her face. I just shrug it off with a laugh and enjoy knowing my Rover won't be polluting the environment with its batteries whenever it goes into retirement.

I've gotten the look from quite a few Prius drivers while in my Disco. One time the mere sight of my globe-warming, , earth-destroying, baby seal-clubbing 4x4 literally wiped the smile off a Prius driver's face and she instantly donned a "you are my mortal enemy, I shall vanquish ye!" look on her face. I just shrug it off with a laugh and enjoy knowing my Rover won't be polluting the environment with its batteries whenever it goes into retirement.

Yeah!
Your car doesn't wait around to destroy the environment!
It gets off its lazy ass and does it DAILY!

/jk jk

I couldn't care less what kind of car it is, but vandlising someones car is just plain wrong. If someone did that to my car, the little bugger/s that did it better hope I don't find them, because if I did, the hammers going somewhere unpleasnt.

Unfortunatly, the anti hooning laws don't just apply to modified sports cars anymore. Cops had me and some mates pulled up last weekend checking over our trucks after an trip we did. Seems there cracking down on anything thats modified.

Last edited:
I think if the police were serious about cracking down on illegal modifying, then they should do something similar to what the germans (I think???) have where modification parts have to be strictly tested to comply with certain standards. Also, the police should work more closely with tuning companies to ensure nothing stupid hits the streets anytime soon.

Of course, trying to look for commonsense in the police force is like trying to find a needle in a haystack....

Most places in Oz you have to get your car checked and get an Engineers certificate for any mod (there may be some exceptions such as CAI) and tell your insurance co also. Thats the theory, in practice people do whatever they want until the police pull them over and give them a work order to bring the car back to roadworthy condition. Each state has different laws and some are harder on mods than others.

Most places in Oz you have to get your car checked and get an Engineers certificate for any mod (there may be some exceptions such as CAI) and tell your insurance co also. Thats the theory, in practice people do whatever they want until the police pull them over and give them a work order to bring the car back to roadworthy condition. Each state has different laws and some are harder on mods than others.

That's ridiculous... I like living where I do. They're pretty lax on that stuff. My car has a carburetor and headers and a dual exhaust system with no catalytic converters or anything. It'd cost me at least a few grand to get it back into "roadworthy condition." :lol: