SGU DEAD

Eureka and Warehouse 13 were better shows anyways. *gets a fire extinguisher to prepare for the inevitable flames*

seriously though, I've never been much interested in Battlestar but judging from the fan reaction to the cancellation, this may turn out like firefly did.

I think stations are way to impatient and when something doesn't instantly "Hit" then they just cancel it with no allowance for a build-up of following.
What you end up with is the 1st five minutes of flash-bang with no plot to follow afterwards.

Good news everyone.
SGU is dead.

Looks like 2011 will be a good year.

I think stations are way to impatient and when something doesn't instantly "Hit" then they just cancel it with no allowance for a build-up of following.
What you end up with is the 1st five minutes of flash-bang with no plot to follow afterwards.
While this was certainly true of "Firefly" you can't complain about a show being canned after two full U.S. style seasons. That's around fifty episodes (six eight-episode BBC seasons). Any show that did not find it's audience until then either has none out there or one that consists solely of bootleggers. I can see the business logic behind canning them (as i can see with canning "Caprica" - not even a million viewers per episode? That's pathetic).

Last edited:
I would not have cared one bit if it was canned after series one, but in the last few episodes it had started to get interesting.

Wow. Finally SG:U was becoming a bit better and now this. Brilliant, at least Caprica is dead too. I want a good SciFi show dammit! (And I don't mean Eureka and WH13, these rock anyways).

I couldn't last past the first episode of season 2. The show was bad. Now hopefully a new better show will get funded.

Typical, renewed it after the pile-o-crap first season, then just after it gets transformed into something worth watching they cancel it.

Load of bollocks; can't they at least give it another season to come to some sort of ending? I hate how SyFy just cuts and runs with no closure.
Where the fuck is my SG: Atlantis movie?

Load of bollocks; can't they at least give it another season to come to some sort of ending? I hate how SyFy just cuts and runs with no closure.

thats more to do with MGM going down the pan, same reason there hasn't been a new Bond Movie with Daniel Craig.

Another season would cost millions for a show no one watches. This isn't Firefly it is a bad BSG rip off.

Good news everyone.
SGU is dead.

Looks like 2011 will be a good year.

probably has something to do with the fact SGU was shit

Will agree to disagree, the show has been getting better, and for those with short term memories, Stargate SG-1 was pretty abysmal and hokey in its first season and didn't start gaining its stride until season 2. I for one am sad SG:U has been cancelled around the time its becoming interesting and finding its legs.

For those of you that have been watching up til the most recent eps and think that the show still sucked, sorry, but you're wrong. Fact, not opinion.

I would not have cared one bit if it was canned after series one, but in the last few episodes it had started to get interesting.

See, she actually gets it unlike some of you folks. :rolleyes:

Now you may not have liked it or its not to your style, I can't argue w that because thats your opinion, but it was starting to get good for ppl who liked the show style.

Last edited:
No matter if they turned the boat around in the last few episodes, it was too late. I remember that the renewal for the second season was a close call and if you don't find your audience until mid-season then, you're toast.

And regarding the cliffhanger ending: One should not blame that on the studios/networks alone. Having a show end on a cliffhanger is a technique many showrunners/producers like to apply in an effort to put the network under pressure to at least renew the show for another mini-series. Lynch & Frost de facto tried to bully ABC into picking up Twin Peaks for a third season by ending the second season with a major cliffhanger that as of today is still unresolved. As long as we don't know weather the cancellation was already looming when the script for the final episode got approved, we don't know who's to blame...

Last edited:
SG:U was the ST: Voyager of the Stargate Universe. Good riddance, even the animated shows were better.

I mean, seriously - the basic premise is essentially the same. Bunch of people on a ship stranded way the hell out from home trying to get back.

Last edited:
The premise was good, but they were too busy making it a soap opera to exploit it.

SG:U was the ST: Voyager of the Stargate Universe. Good riddance, even the animated shows were better.

I mean, seriously - the basic premise is essentially the same. Bunch of people on a ship stranded way the hell out from home trying to get back.

I liked Voyager.