Shameless self-promotion: I made SendOtterLove.com (with a friend)

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
Car(s)
‘14 Mazderp3, ‘22 Checkpoint SL 5
Disclaimer: Yes, you can give us money through it. That's sorta' the idea.

Last year I found the hilarious Goat Attack and shared it with lots of folks. A friend and former coworker thought it was a great idea, and we got to talking about how we'd remix it. We came up with the idea of sending cute animals with loving messages, and decided to do it.

After many delays and much fuss over mostly unimportant things, we finally completed it, so I present to you Send Otter Love.

Sorry, it's US/Canada-only for now, but if there's demand we'll expand to other countries. If there's just about any interest, we also have ideas on how to expand the site and create some accompanying things, too. ;)

SeHdd75.jpg

Hey, Altoid, I was thinking about you just the otter day.....

If it ain't one thing, it's an otter.

Is a message sent with this service an "otterance"?

There will be more, I promise. :D

If it wasnt US only, it'd be a nice gesture to send to my significant otter.

Unfortunately, pricing becomes an issue internationally. International MMS isn't as cheap (or even necessarily linerarly priced) as US/CA-only, so the complexity required to either up the price appropriately or provision a local number (and nevermind the cost of that) simply didn't make sense for the MVP. If there's any interest (and as of this writing there've been no orders placed outside of us + family), we're happy to expand, but it doesn't make sense to sink more $ into a silly thing that might motivate no one to spend even ?99.

Hey, Altoid, I was thinking about you just the otter day.....

If it ain't one thing, it's an otter.

Is a message sent with this service an "otterance"?

There will be more, I promise. :D

I wouldn't expect any less!

Unfortunately, pricing becomes an issue internationally. International MMS isn't as cheap (or even necessarily linerarly priced) as US/CA-only, so the complexity required to either up the price appropriately or provision a local number (and nevermind the cost of that) simply didn't make sense for the MVP. If there's any interest (and as of this writing there've been no orders placed outside of us + family), we're happy to expand, but it doesn't make sense to sink more $ into a silly thing that might motivate no one to spend even ?99.

Why not just add support for Whatsapp/Telegram/whatever. No costs for MMS service, better image quality, no matter where on the world and everyone has one of the apps?

Oh I'm so doing this for my BF :wub:

Why not just add support for Whatsapp/Telegram/whatever. No costs for MMS service, better image quality, no matter where on the world and everyone has one of the apps?

Here are some reasons:

? Not even close to "everyone".
? Nontrivial time expenditure for building said functionality. (It's never as simple as "just add support for X"...)
? Lower odds of a visitor actually spending money on such a service. (This one's just a guess.)

That said, we're considering various directions to take this, and that's definitely one of them. (So is "down", actually... :lol:)

Shameless self-promotion: I made SendOtterLove.com (with a friend)

I just signed my BF up. Let's see what happens lol

Edit:

sD4jRAV.jpg

Hue hue hue

Last edited: