Sherlock

Sherlock continues to be propperly brilliant from all angles. Love the subtle humor ...

Also don't forget that Moffat is the show runner of both Doctor Who. the guy can only do so much and I'd prefer he did his best than try to churn out episodes to merely make a point.

Judging by his current Doctor Who episodes I'd say he can't do both as is.

Anyhow, this last episode was fantastic. Incredibly well done.

Judging by his current Doctor Who episodes I'd say he can't do both as is.
Seconded. After the craptastic DW christmas special I was fearing the worst, but obviously Moffat put all of his time into Sherlock and wrote the Doctor Who special during an extended toilet break.

I'm in the rare minority of those who loved the 2011 Doctor Who Xmas Special and last weeks Sherlock merely reinforces my opinion that Steven Moffat is not only one of Britain's greatest tv writers. Hes one of the best in the world.

I love Moffat's DW scripts and I will defend them to the death, but even I will concede that they lack the polish his episodes had back when he wasn't showrunner. Even in The Impossible Astronaut two-parter - when he wasn't trying to go all-out epic - there were still moments here and there that just didn't fit.

The latest Sherlock episode however, was indeed just plain perfect.

So, ever since this thread appeared I've just writted it off as being about the Sherlock Holmes movies, which I haven't really been interested in.. Got bored tonight and decided to see what people thought about it.

Well, this was a surprise, it's not about the movies at all! And with all the praise, I decided to go watch it. I just finished the first episode on Netflix - and it's brilliant! Wish I had opened the thread sooner :lol:

Thanks Buktu, I didn't think of that. I've now asked for the title to be changed to make it more clear. Just need an admin to see the request.

Yikes! I didn't realise that Sherlock was back! I gotta get on that.

And what's up with the Moffat DW hate? The christmas special was great.

So, ever since this thread appeared I've just writted it off as being about the Sherlock Holmes movies, which I haven't really been interested in.. Got bored tonight and decided to see what people thought about it.

Well, this was a surprise, it's not about the movies at all! And with all the praise, I decided to go watch it. I just finished the first episode on Netflix - and it's brilliant! Wish I had opened the thread sooner :lol:

Don't worry about the second episode being dodgy the third one is pure perfection. :p

Seconded. After the craptastic DW christmas special I was fearing the worst, but obviously Moffat put all of his time into Sherlock and wrote the Doctor Who special during an extended toilet break.
He wrote it? I assumed the craptastic came from him handing over his used toilet paper as a script.

Then again, I don't like any of the Christmas Specials, so my opinion on the matter isn't really to be trusted.

Oh I don't know. "The Runaway Bride", "The End of Time" and "A Christmas Carol" were all good.

But this is the Sherlock thread, not the Doctor Who thread.

Oh I don't know. "The Runaway Bride", "The End of Time" and "A Christmas Carol" were all good.
But this is the Sherlock thread, not the Doctor Who thread.
Every thread deserves a bit of Doctor Who in it. Except the NSFW section. That will just ruin my childhood.

I've just watched the second season opener. I think it was brillant to watch - but I just don't have a clue what the story was really about besides having Irene Adler in it and Moriarty somehow pulling the strings from the background.

Most brillant humour moment: "How many times did he fall out the window?" :D

Finally watched the new ep and I thought it was quite excellent. I love that each ep is the length of a 90 min film and just feels cinematic from start to finish despite being part of a series. the little nod to the classic Holmes hat was great.

I caught an episode from the first series completely by accident a couple of months ago, I don't know when the series was on so I assumed it was a repeat, and I really liked it so when I heard this new series was starting I made sure I watched it and I wasn't disappointed. Really good show, can't wait for the next episode.

apologies for double post. Here's the trailer for next weeks Sherlock

It's Russel Tovey, the voice over for Doctor Who Confidential. Who's also in Being Human, which is a great show destroyed in a US remake...

Benedict Cumberbatch joins the cast of Star Trek 2
Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch has been on a role since playing detective Holmes in the acclaimed BBC series. Over recent months he?s appeared in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Steven Spielberg?s War Horse, and Peter Jackson give him the duty of portraying both Smaug the Dragon (with motion-capture) and The Necromancer in The Hobbit movies.

Now Cumberbatch is about to embark on his most high-profile role to date by taking on a lead role in J.J Abrams? Star Trek sequel.

According to Deadline who broke the news there?s no word on whether he?ll be a hero or villain, but Variety?s Jeff Sneider says Cumberbatch will be playing the villain, said to be the same role Benicio Del Toro turned down and Edgar Ramirez recently auditioned for. At the time it was suggested the villain would be the genetically engineered superhuman Khan, who Ricardo Montalban famously played in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, but there has been no confirmation to date.

Shooting will begin this month and will finish in June. Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin and John Cho are all returning, along with new additions Alice Eve and Peter Weller. The sequel will be released by Paramount on May 17th, 2013.