Sherlock

OCD, pedantic streak, stubbornness, take your pick. When I see somebody is wrong, I get all carried away. :blush:

Time to revive an old thread. Just saw this on You tube

:woot::woot::woot:

I did notice yesterday on amazon uk that they had pre orders for season 3 and thought it a little too soon given had no idea when it would even air on tv. Super excited for this

Last edited:
Just a heads up for those who aren't aware, the first episode of the new series 3 has aired.

Just watched and boy it's good!

:woot:

Looks like it's going to be another 3 episode run again. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
THANK GOD IT'S BACK.
BcCh1acIUAA4RWw.jpg

I watched 3x01 "The Empty Hearse" yesterday. Somehow, the episode felt very... meta to me. I can't think of a better term.

Bound to be a bit 'and what the hell was that all about then?'. I hope that they get on to some real crime fighting next week.

Though the terrorist plotline did seem to borrow heavily from V for Vendetta.
More like "blatantly stole". But I didn't mind that. I did mind that this, the "main" plotline, was handled as totally unimportant to the point where it seriously lacked any kind of explanation. It was a half-assed plot, and as such not worthy of the series IMHO.

I liked it. Though the terrorist plotline did seem to borrow heavily from V for Vendetta.
... since the movie took place in fictionistan, rather than actual britain, I wasn?t too distracted by that. Though I thougt they should have made a comment in that direction ... I liked the whole bringing the "speculations of fanboys/fanfiction/erotic fanfiction" into the show (wich is a bit breaking the 4th wall style, wich I always tend to like a lot when it?s in fictional programs) ... they could have made a side-jab to their V for Vandetta -plot too.
Somehow, the episode felt very... meta to me. [...]
I like that. More of that. If the writers are confident enough for this kind of stuff, they should always go with it ...

Loved the episode, glad they are back.

I watched 3x01 "The Empty Hearse" yesterday. Somehow, the episode felt very... meta to me. I can't think of a better term.

Me too.

Bound to be a bit 'and what the hell was that all about then?'. I hope that they get on to some real crime fighting next week.

:nod:

Sorry, but didn't the plot of this episode and "V for Vendetta" simply both refer to Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot, "remember, remember" (which goes back at least to the 19th century) and everything?

Apart from that, I have to agree with the people who said that the episode felt a bit unbalanced - the riddle of how Sherlock saved himself overshadowed everything. And it's still not solved. I can litereally see Moffat and Gattis planning this whole are: "and in the next season, everybody will be totally hyped to find out how he did it and we'll play with that expectations all episode long and it's going to be AWESOME!" - it just didn't work out because the plot needs to move on as well.

You hit the nail on the head.

I had to watch a Jason Statham movie immediately afterwards to redress the balance.

Sorry, but didn't the plot of this episode and "V for Vendetta" simply both refer to Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot, "remember, remember" (which goes back at least to the 19th century) and everything?
Of course they were. But because "V for Vendetta" is the older piece, everything newer referencing Guy Fawkes automatically references it, too. :p
[edit] Plus, what stiggie said below this post. [/edit]

I had to watch a Jason Statham movie immediately afterwards to redress the balance.
:D

Last edited:

Yes, but I was referring to how they both have a Tube train being used as a bomb to blow up Parliament.

You could chuck Skyfall in in that case.

Another poor episode. Don't the writers realise that people want a proper mystery and not an hour about a wedding and maybe 20 minutes about a mystery?