Shift knobs

^ I tend to agree. Wood for the win.

Wait a minute! I drive a German car! Plastic for the win.:(

You, sir, need a Jaaaag. My wooden knob is perfect. I just need to make sure that my ring doesn't bash the finish too much.

Is there any other shift knob than a Voodoo?

I used to have a Fozzie the Bear puppet over the shifter in my Jeep Wrangler. My idiot ex girlfriend said "Wow...you must be a good driver...you can shift this manual car without seeing the picture of the gears on the shift knob!"

Damn, she was hot, though.

edit: Wow...
http://www.rpmgo.com/indy-cator-lcd-shift-knob

Last edited:
I used to have a Fozzie the Bear puppet over the shifter in my Jeep Wrangler. My idiot ex girlfriend said "Wow...you must be a good driver...you can shift this manual car without seeing the picture of the gears on the shift knob!"

Damn, she was hot, though.

Erm... what? :lol::lol::lol:

My first thought:
"There's a picture?"

My second thought:
"No shit there's a picture, that's why you can drive randomass cars with stupid shift patterns without exploding the transmission"

My third thought:
"Eh. You could figure it out anyway. Even the stupidest shift pattern would only take 4 tries to find 1st and everything else follows from that"

My friend made a shift knob out of an OLD cueball... it looked pretty slick. It'd be killer in a rat-rod or some other dirty looking hot rod style car.

As long as you dont put a plastic chrome shift knob with a bunch of lights on it in there...

Last edited:
This is for my own reference:

RX7 81-88 Knob thread (Devil's system - a.k.a. metric) 12x1.5
MG (God's system) 5/16" fine

A couple problems with that.
1) I don't own an M series BMW.
2) I already have a vintage MG Shift knob.
3) I don't own an M series BMW.
4) I have a proper gear layout (R to the right).
6) I don't own an M series BMW.

But wait, I thought you had an M-series BMW?! :eek:

Deal!

Do I need to pay S&H? How do you handle UV?

Last edited:
How about these? (Of course these would ruin in a classic car)

indy-cator-shifter-knob.jpg

As I understand there are accelleration sensors in the shifter knob and second one to be applied to the chassis of the car ... you've to train the shifter knob ...

Greetings Michael

BAC-068.jpg

I bought the one at the top right.

You could of had a cool shift knob, like this:

beer-tap-3436.JPG

:p