• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Should Bugatti expand their lineup?

Tomo Motorsport

Active Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
297
Location
Tacoma, WA, USA
I just got done reading an article in Car and Driver about the new Veyron and their 253 mph top speed run at Ehra Lessein. The article described various technological advancements and achievements that the engineers at Bugatti and VW were able to accomplish while developing the car. The article also stated(as everywhere else) that the Veyron will not turn a profit. I got to thinking, that Bugatti should build other cars to expand their lineup.

First, though, they shouldn't build a smaller sports car, but a grand tourer in the spirit of the continental GT. Rolls Royce is rumored to be developing a two door. Why not Bugatti develop a big ultra luxurious coupe to thwart the bentley and rolls. At least have something more exclusive than the Bentley in VW's lineup. I think a price of $400,000 to $500,000 would be feasible for an ultra luxury coupe from Bugatti for those who want extreme exclusivity.

Second, I think that they would need a low volume production of a sedan/saloon, also ultra-luxurious and expensive. And big, it would have to be big.

Then, they should make a smaller sportscar, but it should be very opposite of the veyron. The Veyron is big, heavy, xtreme super car. This car should be releatively light, open top, nimble, and luxurious. And to stay with Bugatti's theme of exclusivity, it should be more expensive and better built than it's rivals. Bugatti has this great tech developed with the Veyron, why not apply it to a new sports car. I think most of the cost of the sports car should be in making it lighter and perform better. Like putting carbo-ceramic breaks, building the engine with a money no object attitude, using exotic materials such as titanium, gold, carbon fiber, and the sort. Meaning, that the thought should be more on a cost no object performance car with luxurious options. All in the spirit of Bugatti's racers of old.
 
they should make this, an EB110 type car
http://img424.imageshack.**/img424/118/bugattilineupscrewedup1gk.th.jpg
 
Re: Should Bugatti expand their lineup?

Tomo Motorsport said:
At least have something more exclusive than the Bentley in VW's lineup. I think a price of $400,000 to $500,000 would be feasible for an ultra luxury coupe from Bugatti for those who want extreme exclusivity.

Second, I think that they would need a low volume production of a sedan/saloon, also ultra-luxurious and expensive. And big, it would have to be big.

There's more to Bentley than VW Continental GT and VW Flying Spur :idea: A true Bentley is near the price limit you mentioned.

Your idea has two problems - Bentley and Lamborghini. It would be quite difficult (not impossible though) to make a car not as luxurious as the Bentley and not as fast as the Lamborghini with that price tag and still be able to sell it without doing damage to Bentley and Lamborghini sales.
 
Bugatti wasn't about less luxury than Bentley and less speed than Lamborghini. It was about the ultimate in everything.
 
Re: Should Bugatti expand their lineup?

bihus said:
Bugatti wasn't about less luxury than Bentley and less speed than Lamborghini. It was about the ultimate in everything.

DJ said:
Your idea has two problems - Bentley and Lamborghini. It would be quite difficult (not impossible though) to make a car not as luxurious as the Bentley and not as fast as the Lamborghini with that price tag and still be able to sell it without doing damage to Bentley and Lamborghini sales.

Why would anyone buy a Murcielago or an Arnage for 400k if you could get something much better for your money?
 
bartboy9891 said:
they should make this, an EB110 type car
http://img424.imageshack.**/img424/118/bugattilineupscrewedup1gk.th.jpg
Could you post the original picture?
I always looked for high-res of that shot, beautiful.
 
Re: Should Bugatti expand their lineup?

DJ said:
Tomo Motorsport said:
At least have something more exclusive than the Bentley in VW's lineup. I think a price of $400,000 to $500,000 would be feasible for an ultra luxury coupe from Bugatti for those who want extreme exclusivity.

Second, I think that they would need a low volume production of a sedan/saloon, also ultra-luxurious and expensive. And big, it would have to be big.

There's more to Bentley than VW Continental GT and VW Flying Spur :idea: A true Bentley is near the price limit you mentioned.

Your idea has two problems - Bentley and Lamborghini. It would be quite difficult (not impossible though) to make a car not as luxurious as the Bentley and not as fast as the Lamborghini with that price tag and still be able to sell it without doing damage to Bentley and Lamborghini sales.

But the thing is, VW already pretty much lowered the standard of Bentley, other than the arnage models, they start for under $200k. My main point is that Bugatti needs cars that take a particular niche market or class to the extreme in performance, and/or luxury. To really attract rich buyers, Bugatti needs a line of cars that do not take affordability/money into account. What Bugatti needs is cars that take luxury and performance to the next level, therefore outperforming lamborghini and being more luxurious than Bentley, Rolls-Royce, and Maybach. I mean, Bugatti could start raising minks and seals and offer their furs as options for the seats and stuff. Their performance cars could have 24k gold engine bay liner and diamond dust covered cylinder heads for hardness. There are limitless possibilities for Bugatti to spoil their customers, its just that they need to get the ball rolling and use what they have to build new cars.
 
I would prefer them be the brand that stays totally exclusive and doesnt have a price list. I just want them to build the best stuff around just for the heck of it. Kinda like Brabus but they are much to common and too cheap next to Bugatti's.
 
The volume cars made are the Lamborghinis, Audis and VWs. Thats the idea of having a company like VW taking over it. We don't need to have a cut-price Bugatti because VW will make money elsewhere.

I'd like to see them make the new version of the Royale, but it would just be rubbish, like the Maybach.
 
Salar said:
bartboy9891 said:
they should make this, an EB110 type car
http://img424.imageshack.**/img424/118/bugattilineupscrewedup1gk.th.jpg
Could you post the original picture?
I always looked for high-res of that shot, beautiful.
whats wrong with my little drawn in heart? :p
here you go
http://img389.imageshack.**/img389/6738/bugattilineup5qf.th.jpg
 
The Veyron, as I see it, is the ultimate mix of performance and luxury for a 2 seater coupe.

If they were to expand the range, the logical progression would be an ?ber sedan, in the style of the Phantom or maybach, but with a lot more performance, luxury and exclusivity.

Then for something completely different, a single seater sports car, and make it THE Ultimate drivers car.

from there i would like to see a Quad Turbo W16 Golf GTI maybe? :mrgreen:
 
The ultimate off-roader, like the Sbarro Windhawk!

http://img434.imageshack.**/img434/2835/fotopic3ax.gif
 
astroboymoto said:
they should make a more expensive one... none of this plebian veyron rubbish :lol:
This one kid i knew from last year is the heir to his grandfather's oil company, so he is in with the rich and wealthy. anyway his friend from boston actually put down a down payment for a Veyron and also an EB110. Another completely unrelated story: the guy who invented the styrofoam cup's grandson went to our school a few years ago. His grandfather thought that his sons would not be worthy of the $160 Million that he worth, so he gave ALL of it to his grandson. the first thing his grandson buys is a 575M and graduates early :thumbsup:
so yea, these kids would consider the Veyron cheap stuff
 
Top