Should I get an iphone now or wait for the new one?

Solberg

Car(s)
Porsche 997 Carrera S & 2012 Ford Raptor!!
I read about it on some forums and most people seem to think we will see a new iphone in Q1 of 2008, which means that we should be seeing it now. I also saw this new iphone in 60 days thing.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/05/walt-mossberg-promises-3g-iphone-in-60-days/

I really don`t know what to do. I really want to get an iphone but should I get the current one or wait for the new one?

When do you think we could see a new iphone?

Wait for 3G.

The only thing is, how long will the wait be?

Is the new iphone in 60 days true?

What will the new one have? Only 3g or also a better camera?

If the wait is more than 6 months I might get the current one and then upgrade.

Definitely wait. With 3G, an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone can really be awesome.

I hope apple won`t find a way of stopping people from unlocking them.

How long do you think the wait will be?

I've heard the release date is likely to be sometime June, actual results may vary though.

If that is true, it should be announced really soon.

I would wait...

Apple usually hold there McWorld event were they announce the new tous around June.

I believe that they will announce the 3G iPhone, maybe a 32 GB version, then and classically they will make a price cut on the old models as will.

I would ONLY wait if you really use Mobile Inet and 3G... Aside from that the new one won't bring anything revolutionary. Also I reckon it could take a bit longer then everybody believes.
A good phone is a good phone. The current one is one!
But then I usually have my phones only about a year. Might be up to your liking if you are on a 2 year contract.

If you're short of money, get the current one, as they're going cheap.

Otherwise, wait.

I guess I will wait for McWorld and see what happens.

I would suggest waiting for the new iPhone, I know a few people with them and for the time being they got some issues. Gen 2 should have some tweaks in it that will make it better. Also the EDGE network is dog slow, you gotta wait for 3G if you want internet (and really what's the point of a phone like that w/o internet?).

I would never buy a non-3G phone. My past three phones have been 3G. Get with the times, Apple!

don't get an iphone in the 1st place :p

Wait for 3G.

Yep, definitely.

The current iPhone hasn't even been released in Australia yet... I think Telstra's waiting for a 3G model.

Seriously, which carriers even use 2G still? Damn, that's the dark ages!