Should I get an iphone now or wait for the new one?

Damn, I knew this was coming but was to lazy to sell one of my two spare iPhones I have laying around. Well, I guess I won't be selling it for profit anymore. :rolleyes:

3G, GPS, roughly the same shape, more affordable - so? cheaper materials? I dunno know about the black shiony plasticky back.
Same here, I guess the only improvement of the plastic back is that it's cheaper. I assume it's going to scratch easily. We'll see, I'll be keeping my 1st gen iPhone for now. Which, BTW, has zero scratches on its back (except for some really fine scratches on the Apple logo), even though I don't have a case for it.

Sure would be nice to have affordable unlimited data plans here in Germany, though. Looks like the new iPhone will be even more dependent on it than the old one.

$200 iPhone.. Everyone and they're little sister will have these now
This bothers me as well!

Damn, I knew this was coming but was to lazy to sell one of my two spare iPhones I have laying around. Well, I guess I won't be selling it for profit anymore. :rolleyes:

I think the prices for the 1st gen will be at least stable.

edit:

Seems they have axed the docking station to cut down prices.

What's in the Box

* iPhone 3G
* Stereo headset with mic
* USB power adapter
* Dock Connector to USB cable
* Documentation
* Cleaning/polishing cloth
* SIM ejector tool
prod-inthebox.png

Last edited:
I have a dock form my ipod so I don't care.

Also, you can buy the iphone from a apple store for that price and tell them it's a gift ansd that the owner will activate it at home. Then you get it for 300$ and unlock it.

I have a dock form my ipod so I don't care.

Also, you can buy the iphone from a apple store for that price and tell them it's a gift ansd that the owner will activate it at home. Then you get it for 300$ and unlock it.

You're from the US?

It is annoying that i need to pay for the 2.0 firmware for my touch.. bastards <_<

Apple are being dicks about the whole unlocking thing so if you want a 3G iPhone you have to buy it in a AT&T (Or what ever) store, get it unlocked by a guy there before you can take it home and pay out your ass every month for two years. Fuck you Apple! Im getting a Touch Pro (Much better phone anyway)

This is the seconded time touch owners are getting screwed :-(

Finally, 802.1x. W00t!

Seems like anyone who plans on getting one in the USA will have to activate it in the store (even in the apple store!) damn bastards.

I will have to get my iphone 3G in Europe if I want to get it with no strings attached.

WiFi is still 802.11b/g, no support for n yet.

If that's what you meant. :blink:

Oh what the fuck!?! I mis-read then.

Seriously, they have n on their computers, how hard is it to make it n compatible?

They'll probably say n isn't necessary now with that mobileme thing being able to sync everything for you...

I hope we will be able to get a iphone 3G in Europe without a contract as from what I have read, in the USA at&t will make you sign a 2 year contract.

hmm, new iPhone is a bit of a disappointment. Was expecting better from them.

So now it'll take 500 minutes for a line of 100 people. (If two activators are going, most retail stores only have 2-4 registers max) so it'll take 4-8 hours for a line of 100 people?! Compare this to maybe 1.3 hours the "old" way. I just can't imagine that happening.