• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Should I?

AutoMX

This is more of a 'your opinion' type thing than really asking if I should. Hopefully things will work out and I'll get started soon...

Basically, I have access to a Ferrari Koenig Competition TR body that I'm going to be mounting on a Pontiac Fiero (rear mounted mid-engined car). Aside from the power (or lack of, 2.8L V6 at 135hp) which will be improved anyway, what do you guys think about the looks? Nice? Not nice?
What color should it be? Etc..

koenig1.jpg

koenig2.jpg

KoenigComp1.jpg

KoenigComp2.jpg

It looks ok, but feels totaly wrong. But if it'll make you happy, why not.

ps, i'm pretty sure some gearheads are gonna tell you that this is worse than incest..

Seen a few of these.

the fiero was a little underdeveloped although I quite liked it.

These kits are quite good however it does look like a kitted Fiero rather than a Ferrari.

But if you like it and can do a good install then go for it.

Matthew

I don't think it's worse than incest :p

BUT I would never do it, too much money for a replica that's not really a ferrari.

Who are you fooling?

But if you want to do it you should, I'd like to see some pics then :mrgreen:

qube said:
These kits are quite good however it does look like a kitted Fiero rather than a Ferrari.

I doubt that is the case, since all of those photos are the real car :lol:

Who am I fooling? Myself, of course. It's not about badging it like a Ferrari and saying OK let's parade around, its just that I love the design and there's no way in hell I could get a real one (about $1 million).

It's not like I'm going to sell it as a Ferrari, or have money leftover anyway. "Cool car" is all I'm after. 8)

front.jpg

That's my friend's replica. He would be providing the body (he handmade it anyway). That car is about 450hp, real Ferrari paint and all. Pretty cool, but there are some "custom" things he added that I'm not too fond of :oops:

If/when I get started, I'll make a build site anyway with photos

please don't please don't please don't .... I mean what's the point, really?

AND you have to excuse and explain yourself to every guy who stops and asks questions about the car .... sorry, but that's my opinion ....

haz

If you are going to build a kit car, build a kit car. There are tonnes of companies out there that make really cool unique kit car bodies for these types of projects.

There is no need to make a cheap imitation of a Ferrari when you could build something completley unique.

AutoMX said:
front.jpg

That's my friend's replica. He would be providing the body (he handmade it anyway). That car is about 450hp, real Ferrari paint and all. Pretty cool, but there are some "custom" things he added that I'm not too fond of :oops:

If/when I get started, I'll make a build site anyway with photos

That wheel gap makes baby jesus cry.

well... it could still be a car you could pick girls in :lol: ... unless they are gearheads... they'll never know ;)

lol you guys make me laugh. apparently youare all posers or something. why would i need to excuse myself when i'm building the whole car? (it's no ricer where you bolt on the body and paint) The suspension would be redone, lowered, etc. I'd cut up the rear end and shorten it. Wheels would be something odd and unusually large, and unbelievably cheap.

And this brings me to other bodies and the whole price tag. Basically the only original body for the fiero is called the Plazma, and since the designer died a couple months ago, it won't go far most likely. Price tag is about $7k.

The K1 attack:
attack.jpg

uses a 91 Accord as a part and drivetrain donor, but the kit costs $17k without the seats, suspension, Accord, paint, wheels, etc..!!!

There aren't really many more original designs, not on this continent at least.

My price tag: about $2000 total. That's v6 fiero with low miles, body, interior, wheels, ferrari paint, lights, seats, and manybe a bit of engine tweaking. There's a reason why I've taken a long long time in the planning stages, and met some good people in the meantime :D

If anyone has any constructive criticism, bring it on, but this thread could go on for 10 pages easily otherwise.
I'm not a dreamer who bitches about the new BMW/Mustang/whatever (not saying they are bad) while driving some lame car, too afraid to show it; I'm just building something that will entertain me, and half of the fun if building, not "picking up chicks", which wouldn't happen anyways... why ruin the interior with unwanted traffic?
Oh and I doubt 135hp will get me racing at red lights. :lol:

Cheer up people. Sure I could say stop putting an M5 or ford GT in your sig if you dont have one, but why? We all gotta enjoy something :thumbsup:

AutoMX said:
Sure I could say stop putting an M5 or ford GT in your sig if you dont have one, but why? We all gotta enjoy something :thumbsup:

yea, why would you tell people here to stop putting up their favourite cars in theirs sigs? That's got nuttn to do with the question you asked here, really ...

It's not like we're the ones who try converting our regular cars into something they're not ..................... :?

haz