• What's a Fiat?

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2023 Mazda CX-5 Premium
Last edited:
Who the hell designed and fitted the plastic wheel arches??? A 5-year-old?

Obviously not the same person who designed and fitted the gas cap....

I'm not sure if there's a market for it, but I like it. Small trucks are cool.

Noooooo! Not more of those things! It looks like a smaller Avalanche or Ridgeline to me, and I think those things are ugly.

It wouldn't sell if branded Fiat, but if they gave it a different badge on the front, it'd sell. Perhaps it could be a Dodge, in the States.

That ain't a Strada.

241.jpg

I don't know about the crew cab layout. There's hardly any pickup bed left :lol: It looks awkward. I'd like to see it in two-seater form, with an "extended cab" so there's a bit of space for seat adjustment.

But I still fail to see the fascination with pickups in general. There's a certain nich? of course, but for general use, I'd take a van any day of the week.

I don't know about the crew cab layout. There's hardly any pickup bed left :lol: It looks awkward. I'd like to see it in two-seater form, with an "extended cab" so there's a bit of space for seat adjustment.

But I still fail to see the fascination with pickups in general. There's a certain nich? of course, but for general use, I'd take a van any day of the week.

Strada Adventure extended cab:

Strada Trekking regular cab:

That ain't a Strada.

241.jpg

Actually the Strada name was only used for English speaking markets and elsewhere it was the Ritmo.

And that's not a Fiat, it's an Abarth 130TC.

Can't be arsed typing IceBone tabs.

Strada Adventure extended cab:

Strada Trekking regular cab:

:thumbsup:

I'd prefer the Extended Cab. A larger bed and still enough lebensraum in the cab for two people.

<derail>
But I'd rather have a Scudo. Your shit is safe from the elements, and safely locked away with a blip of the remote. :)

</derail>

Last edited:
I like the idea of small pickups, but would never buy something like that. My idea of a small pickup, complete with V8.

bronco.jpg

Didn't the Baja already teach this lesson?

Didn't the Baja already teach this lesson?

Turbocharged(?) AWD converted saloon car vs cheap poverty-spec runabout... not really the same thing.

Actually the Strada name was only used for English speaking markets and elsewhere it was the Ritmo.

And that's not a Fiat, it's an Abarth 130TC.

Can't be arsed typing IceBone tabs.

Dad bought one of those for his first car. I'd grown up hearing awful stories about some of the cars my parents had (like a used lemon Maverick my mom bought because she liked how it looked) but his stories about the Strada. Floor rusted out, wouldn't go into reverse, he eventually had some sort of recurring issue with the clutch or shift linkage. I heard these stories for years and only realized later that he bought the thing NEW.

Not sure its the best name to bring to the US.

Small pickups a niche market anyways. I don't see the small bed as particularly useful for anything but small plants or bags of dirt, which I'm not afraid to shove in my trunk anyways. If I bought a pickup truck it has to have a bed big enough to carry multiple bicycles easily, otherwise I'd just stick to taking the wheels off or using a rack. Looked up the bed length on this, looks like its barely long enough with the tailgate open.

Last edited:
Turbocharged(?) AWD converted saloon car vs cheap poverty-spec runabout... not really the same thing.
To most truck owners here they look almost exactly the same. Don't think the Baja was turbo either. And I've maybe seen 3-4 on the road here, ever.

To most truck owners here they look almost exactly the same. Don't think the Baja was turbo either. And I've maybe seen 3-4 on the road here, ever.

I regularly saw one in a college town, parked in the same driveway as a Prius. Seems like a logical place to me.

No, the USA does not deserve the awesomeness of the FIAT Strada.

Also, are you guys ready for this? The version in the pictures is the "Adventure", that is, the off-road version, hence the weird plastic wheelarches that don?t agree with the fuel cap. :lol:

To most truck owners here they look almost exactly the same.

Probably, but the Strada is probably half the price of what the Baja would be if it was for sale today. It's like comparing a Fiat Punto to a Subaru Legacy.

Last edited:
They would be dumb to bring it here. The Ranger got killed off and if Ford can't manage to sell a small pickup, then Fiat certainly can't. Plus Fiat is being branded as a fun brand here.

The Ram 1500 is Chrysler/Fiat's "small" truck.

The F-150 actually gets quite decent mileage.

We already tried this:

2434901846_af20062439.jpg

vw-rabbit-pickup-470-1008.jpg

(Rabbit/Golf with a bed)

800px-1983_Dodge_Rampage.jpg

(Dodge Omni with a bed)

Subaru_Baja_1.jpg

None of them sold well.

Fiat would have to be completely clueless to bring it here and think it would sell well.

See the VW Rabbit Sportruck/Caddy above - cheap poverty-spec runabout, check. Didn't sell for crap here, check.

Last edited: