Should this be the last season of top gear?

No, TG should NOT "die with dignity."

The show is really hitting the saturation point now where it is joining the consciousness of the mainstream worldwide. While many on these boards deride the TG spinoff in Australia and are cringing at the mere thought of the American and Russian versions, this is a jumping off point. There is so much interest and demand for a show like TG that I think it could go on as long we are all motoring around in cars. Yes, I even think that the show could survive the replacement of one of the hosts (moving on to other challenges). The only thing that would cause me stop watching TG is if one of the hosts was killed filming some stupid stunt. I don't think the show or the viewers would have returned had Hammond actually been killed in his crash and it sure seems as if the crew is taking a lot more precautions to see that never happens.

If nothing else, the spinoffs of TG prove that there is life for TG after the current trio retire. Though the audience will undoubtedly shrink the show has a premise that we can't get enough of: three guys cocking about in cars on a Sunday.

oh cock
you got me :blink:

but really im just a bloke who wants to see the show end with dignity

Perhaps they could do a race to a Swiss euthenasia clinic using various modes of transport. Bloody hell, they're 3 amusing blokes having fun, giving us enjoyment, and we get to see some great machines. No problems with the show at all, long may it continue.

This thread should have never been made.

I think the problem with it is that if the show was toned down, way less people would watch it and as a result the shows that would follow would only be watched by "car people".

Top Gear currently appeals to many different people, and its now pretty much a "family" show. Many friends of mine that aren't into cars still love the show because its a fun, entertaining show that just happens to have cars in it. I've watched the old Top gears, and tbh they're pretty boring and I could see why they were struggling with ratings before the revamp.

As much as it sucks, ratings are what determines how much funding they get to film new stuff, so if they need to be less "car-focused" to survive, so be it. Jeremy, James and Richard are still entertaining no matter what.

And when this is gone, then what? Big brother? I will take it however the dish it just so long as the servings keep coming.

No, this should not be the last season.

But, the day that it does end, my inner child will hang himself.

Like anyone dies with dignity anyways. All you can hope to do is live a dignified life. A lot of great people have died over a toilet bowl, or in a variety of other undignified ways.

Personally, I think that everyone who says that "zomg Top Gear is dying/dead/otherwise" is a loony.

First season, first episode.
We have clarkson going to France in a Belingo? to buy some alcohol... So he buys 1 bottle.
Comparo between zonda and lambo
In the news - Boys knocking the new 3.5 miles of new motorways a year. Boys knocking those smart keys, how do you know if the car is locked...
hamster trying to beat a speed camera.
Some twit talking about how much cars cost (who cares..)

Season 12, first episode
Comparo between lambo and GT2
laughing about car depreciation
Ripping apart the "hat" car
And then they attempt to be lorry drivers.

Whats the saying.. Simplify and add likeness?

I had another experience similar to this. My favorite show of all time was (still is, really) Mystery Science Theater 3k. It had a rough spot at the end of it's 11 year run where the network that owned the show was forcing rules on them. They insisted the show have a "plot" during its short host segments and the show started losing its original flare. I think Top Gear is a little less, I don't know, is magical too fruity?

Anyways, I still think it has a lot more to give. We're moving into an automotive revolution with new fuels and plug in cars. I'm actually looking forward to the first time they squeeze Clarkson's lanky butt into an electric car and force him to drive it around for a few minutes.

I can't say with any conviction that I want the show to die. Even if it goes on without dignity. (Did it ever HAVE dignity?)