Should TopGear US drop the BSSC segment?

Should TopGear US drop the BSSC segment?

• Drop it

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Keep it

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
Drop it. The stars so far have been terrible and the presenters are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to awkward to do a proper interview. It doesn't help that the show isn't the proper 60 minutes due to adverts either. If they could have more time and get some proper hosts in then bring it back!

i say KEEP IT. i've enjoyed BSSC, more than SIARPC in the UK version.

I'd say drop it, because TGUS has a shorter time slot than TGUK because of different commercial breaks, so they don't have as much time for it. On top of this, personally, I rarely enjoy watching any of the "star" segments whether it is TGUK/TGUS/TGAUS or even Fifth Gear. Even with TGUK, yes they now get bigger stars, but they are there just to plug their book/movie/tv show, of which we need to watch at least a two minute preview.

Here's a thought, let them do star interviews for 2 out of every 3 episodes, this could potentially leave them with more time on some of the better segments, while still keeping the stars to promote the show.

Somehow "The Car Show" manages to squeeze in more structured content into their hour, maybe TG America should just edit the segments more tightly? A review, news, interview/lap, and novelty segment could all fit into an hour show with commercials.

I have found that segment just feels too compressed to get anything interesting out of it. They never talk about car history or practice laps. Neither of them have good interviewing skills, which is actually a bit dear. Clarkson is quite good at getting the guest to speak.

I have found that segment just feels too compressed to get anything interesting out of it. They never talk about car history or practice laps. Neither of them have good interviewing skills, which is actually a bit dear. Clarkson is quite good at getting the guest to speak.

Clarkson's also got a bit more swag to him when he asks a question -- comes from being the host of one of the most viewed shows in the world v. a couple of guys on the spinoff version being played on US basic cable.

Perhaps instead of dropping it, they should just do it every other week. Is it really necessary to do it every week? I don't think so. They could swap it out with 'The News' which they don't seem to do. Also would like to see them add something like the cool wall, perhaps not the same as whats on TGUK but something they can do in the studio and argue over. :p

Keep it and hope that it'll improve much like the rest of the show has. As a gearhead and a fan of pop culture its fun to see celebrities try and race around the track and talk about their previous automotive experiences. Minute per minute I much prefer the US version to the UK's however understanding who the celebrities are and what they're saying helps too ;)

nah, drop it.... I skip it anyway since I don't know the guests (much like non UKanians do with TGUK)
Trouble here is that they want to fit a 1hr show in a 43 minute slot, so it's always gonna feel rushed.... Even the Stig segments can be dropped alltogether, just tell me the time it did and show me more "epic roadtrips"

TGUS needs to take a lot of lessons from the UK version. Even the TGAU folks could teach the US guys something

It needs to be improved, that's for sure. As mentioned, the interview skills of the hosts needs to improve (which hopefully will happen as the do more and more interviews), but the whole segment feels weird and rushed. The lap at the beginning of the segment doesn't work well for me, and with the time constraints of being on a commercial channel, it's hard to really devote enough time for a decent interview. So I'm torn between dropping and keeping it, but it definitely needs a revamp.

They could swap [Big Star, Small Car] out with 'The News' which they don't seem to do.

If they had the same studio taping schedule as the mothership (tape on Wednesday to air on Sunday), it would be easier to do a news segment every week. But because TG US tape all the studio links in a week(ish)-long block, I don't think a news segment would work.

They could swap it out for what I've been calling the Bull Session, where they just sit around for a few minutes and shoot the breeze about something to do with cars. TGAUS has been doing that, and it seems to work pretty well.