Show us your knives

A little help.

I've figured out its a Panther, but I'm not sure its age. Don't believe it has much value. I've found pics on google of newer looking ones, but not this exact one. Its a push button spring assisted folding knife.

Girl I work with found it in her son's room and gave it to me. I'll just sharpen and clean it and put it up. But thought I'd ask if anyone knew anything about it.

416AC5D0-617D-46A5-84C2-E79497D0D28E-222-0000000C82D5741B_zps1dca1dfd.jpg

DCE35DB0-7C69-45D0-8146-AE2A74337325-222-0000000C8A0444E9_zpsb2aabf84.jpg

Criminal in the making?

Criminal in the making?
Her son? He's dumb and gets in trouble for dumb things at school (suspended a few weeks ago for having a small pocket knife), but wouldn't say he's a criminal in the making. He's 13 I believe.

I carried a pocket knife from the time I was 6-7, but schools didn't care about weapons back then until I was in 8th grade or so. She is pretty much against knives and guns so doesn't want her kids to have any of them.

Yay the mega knife is here! It's frigging huge, super smooth and insanely sharp, it literally shaved the hair off the back of my arm like nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Her son? He's dumb and gets in trouble for dumb things at school (suspended a few weeks ago for having a small pocket knife), but wouldn't say he's a criminal in the making. He's 13 I believe.

I carried a pocket knife from the time I was 6-7, but schools didn't care about weapons back then until I was in 8th grade or so. She is pretty much against knives and guns so doesn't want her kids to have any of them.
Yep I've carried knives my entire life, couldn't carry them in the actual high school here but outside of school no problem. Never ever ever pulled out a knife with an intention to use it against a life target, I just tend to have one in case I need to cut random shit (and plenty of times I do end up needing to cut something).

Yay the mega knife is here! It's frigging huge, super smooth and insanely sharp, it literally shaved the hair off the back of my arm like nothing.
Goddamn, that SOG is enormous! Do you plan on carrying it around? I love my XM-24, but 3.5" blades are really my limit.

Also, that steel does indeed get damn sharp! It holds a decent edge and is extremely easy to touch up. When you do sharpen it, however, watch out for burrs... VG-10 is stubborn as hell.

Yep I've carried knives my entire life, couldn't carry them in the actual high school here but outside of school no problem. Never ever ever pulled out a knife with an intention to use it against a life target, I just tend to have one in case I need to cut random shit (and plenty of times I do end up needing to cut something).
Yep, most of the time when younger I ended up cutting myself somehow. Way too many small scars on my fingers.

Goddamn, that SOG is enormous! Do you plan on carrying it around? I love my XM-24, but 3.5" blades are really my limit.

Also, that steel does indeed get damn sharp! It holds a decent edge and is extremely easy to touch up. When you do sharpen it, however, watch out for burrs... VG-10 is stubborn as hell.
Yeah it's gigantic, I didn't realize just how big it is in person. For now I will carry it and see how it works out, it's much easier to carry something that big around since it's winter and I wear a big jacket.

Thanks for the tip, I'm ordering the Spyderco multi angle sharpener and going to use that.

Yeah it's gigantic, I didn't realize just how big it is in person. For now I will carry it and see how it works out, it's much easier to carry something that big around since it's winter and I wear a big jacket.

Thanks for the tip, I'm ordering the Spyderco multi angle sharpener and going to use that.

Thats the only good thing about winter is that it is easier to carry stuff like that.

I have my ancient Boy Scout Swiss army knife, won in a Volvo competition multi-tool and my lock blade in my also ancient leather jacket.

I can't carry all that in the summer.

Thats the only good thing about winter is that it is easier to carry stuff like that.

I have my ancient Boy Scout Swiss army knife, won in a Volvo competition multi-tool and my lock blade in my also ancient leather jacket.

I can't carry all that in the summer.
Yep I might have to just stick to the Gerber in the summer, tho I do tend to wear cargo pants so I have plenty of pockets :)

Yep I might have to just stick to the Gerber in the summer, tho I do tend to wear cargo pants so I have plenty of pockets :)

Can't wear cargo pants at the dealership and they won't let me wear them at UPS anymore either. :(

Almost walked into UPS with all my knives the other week when I forgot to switch coats. That would have been a problem at the airport.

We sorta have a dress code at work now but I ignore it from time to time. I'm gonna be looking for a new job anyways and one of my requirements is lack of dress code :p (I'm IT so it's not that big of a deal). Yeah forgetting knives in pockets is "fun"

Well shit.
I couldn't resist anymore and bought this:

And also this:

Now comes the waiting. It will kill me.

I am sure this will only worsen my reputation as a psychopath among my labmates. :lol:

Whenever we go out in the field I am the one carrying the big knife. :p

Here are some of my knives:

First up, what has for the past 15 years been my "work horse" for trips in the woods, so it doesn't look pretty: A Spanish Muela "Bowie" knife
8476412593_106f1d070f_b.jpg

My sami knife, that's my name engraved on the handle:
8476404717_9eda72c3c9_b.jpg

A simple classic norwegian knife:
8477486934_8752854495_b.jpg

My two folding pocket knives:
8476380255_c29d77880b_b.jpg

I was a member of 4H for many years (from 6-18). One year, my yearly assignment was knives, so I made a couple of knives. Just bought some blades, as well as materials for the handle, then I had to make it all come together. This one was a lot of work, making a smooth transition from the brass and the wooden handle:
8477508602_887155a2ca_b.jpg

This one, a filet knife, I sadly never finished. Kind of a shame, as that handle (mountain brich here, as well as the one above) deserves a good blade, I think:
8476387419_6fa2f2a84f_b.jpg

Very nice collection you got there!

Ordered myself an EDC knife and got it today in the mail. Fits nicely in jeans coin/watch pocket.

_smaller.jpg

Spyderco Dragonfly 2 FRN

Feels nice, I think it'll handle nicely everything I'll be using it for :) Hope I don't get too addicted on collecting knives anytime soon...

Finally got a decent knife. The super-cheap B?ker Magnum I had actually served me very well, but it was time to get something of quality. This is the Kershaw Shallot I bought with partially serrated blade:

61Zr%2BcAG4EL._SL1500_.jpg

The assisted opening its great for one-handed use. The blade is extremely sharp. The whole thing is solid. Its also nice to have something not made in China.