Show us your knives

For blueing all you need is to heat it up like this:

That video looks really good, but I have two questions:
1- He has tools and materials I don't. So no. :lol:
2-Wouldn't heating it up like that mess with the metal?

I picked up a new more "people friendly" EDC, plus the Houge was a PITA to sharpen.

Benchmade 556-1 Mini Griptilian

5561.1.jpg

(sans crappy laser engraving)

Its a bit smaller than expected, a little awkward in fact; but its a sacrifice I have to make.

The CPM-20CV blade should be a nice change though.

Can anyone identify the bayonet that Boris uses in his videos?

Last edited:
How are knife laws in Europe?
It just downed on me that I might have trouble moving to Europe and keeping my collection...

forbidden in belgium (even at home):
blank weapons, as in any object designed to inflict harm on a victim by physical contact

specifically forbidden:
- springloaded knives with automatic locking
- gravity operated knives with automatic locking
- butterfly knives
- precision throwing knives
- throwing stars in metal
- blank weapons that look like something else
- canes with a sable (unless it's a decorative piece)

besides those, you can own anything and any number you want (including swords, daggers and even combataxes), but can only carry those when you have a legit reason (gone fishing, on a way to a show, ... it's up to you to convince the judge :p)

so, unless you can explain why it's there, even a chef's knife is forbidden in public...

(and i remember so well as a kid, running around with a big ass rambo knife dangling from the belt :lol:)

Last edited:
forbidden in belgium (even at home):
blank weapons, as in any object designed to inflict harm on a victim by physical contact

specifically forbidden:
- gravity operated knives with automatic locking

- precision throwing knives

"Gravity operated"
What does that mean? Anything I can open one-handed with a flick of the wrist?

Also, imprecise throwing knives are allowed? :p
Knife laws are bullshit in most of the world. :lol:

Checking my cheapo Smith&Wesson. Yep, can open with one hand flick.

Last edited:
"Gravity operated"
What does that mean? Anything I can open one-handed with a flick of the wrist?

i guess, but only if they lock automatically, if you have the lock the blade manually, it is allowed...

i guess, but only if they lock automatically, if you have the lock the blade manually, it is allowed...
Darn, so my Spyderco Tenacious is banned in Belgium.
What about those that have the small catch to assist in opening when you pull out of your pocket? That makes my Cold Steel Spartan also outlawed. :|

but you have to open the blade manually on those

an opinel or swiss army knife are not illegal for instance...

You don't say! :p
Well, how are they in Germany?
Finland?
Belgium?

I didn't find any mentions on keeping a private collection here. All legal limitations were about public places.

edit: There are also several clubs practicing disciplines like Escrima and Iaido where they use live weaponry for practice.

Last edited:
Good to know!
Thanks.

"World's deadliest fidget spinner" LOL

Bump.

Upgraded my kitchenware a bit for christmas. I wanted a handle that was nicely patterned, very lightly colored wood and found these birchwood handled Miyabi knives. Picked the rocking santoku from the collection, as I didn't have a good curved blade.

jEeqM0bPbANCyLyU9aLnOepLq1WVMUm9Q7gLhk8cq45V4FLC9FBiG2BoIGc7MwimTKtN6jjEmrHlOLybPdxAzvyNzU2t8UO42_7aVgRIK6UzoDBkQPUzs1OHmTTp08onofKkS8O4YNxlFLvJvPxg3DDEe3ossBqeH4B1FQ3V9QuUxlIBW1zu9xSfxap8fJbg4nCv49ivMzD62YlRvEzKK3j27TE8pL3FT2yPie8RVCj7hftTy8L_vinZOTwmEjfVVb3a5T0YF00pM74blWE4WvnO4IU5M9uoIx96vHlGLXvjL2MIIvqR99tQNZ9vHcZoxI97pvTe7Y_SHSLxNSZerdqDzYBw92vuviyOQcWWhnRgS-4pxPOkO9fVcI4oSUGIpMAmGzC9yTWuOCO43yMFG7eP8CSlw-eJHBpqYMdxYK6Y3goNZHXY2jzA-2dO9SuwP8RRxie43Lr4Hg_SG-hXNuj4Y5AhqNAhcjYiNvPvhR-jWy6u1Xgtkv79hof-OWoq23I5p_pkzbEPTQG-MdXzrvqzkAmgPF7D3JFdMy6WBvJOOMXscrWm8XyMcAJHZYun37WFVOH_BvNkp5DG092njQ1OJ0IguSq_lGQKUf0V0ZlhAmspRD-As3OnjziziplKh_Bew8kKJp7BK_INeExdIRgG8b1FWCiO=w1560-h858-no

I should get a display stand for it. Such a nice thing to look at. ^_^