Show us your Lego!

Got my RedditGift in too!

ZQbQTnD.jpg

Oh, i see now why designers made late cars so sharp, pointy and triangle-like. So they could easily be replicated by Lego parts in future :p

First reviews of the "ultimate" 42056 Porsche GT3 RS are out, and they seem to be lukewarm...

Eurobricks review

The gearbox which is the technical centrepiece of the model is somewhat flawed and the value of the set is relatively poor. It does seem to be a good display model though.

I might end up getting it, if a great bargain comes up, but I'm not in a hurry. Some people have jumped the hype train though since it's already sold out on the danish shop.lego site saying "out of stock, delivery in 30 days".

Meh, still not exited....might pick one up, might not.
If anything I'm getting the same vibe I keep getting from real Porsches.... pretty, well put together, everyone wants one, but lacking in soul so I find them boring.

What is starting to irk me is all the attention that thing is getting, while not a word about this awesome behemoth:

42055-1.jpg

Now that is a day one purchase for me, if lego could just bother to, I dunno, maybee give us a freaking release date?
4000 parts, 2 converyorbelts, and in some inexplicable way this monster supposedly still moves under it's own power? how cool is that?
I realise there is no fancy licensing involved, and with this they are not gaining any new customers like they might do with the Porsche, in fact It might not even sell that well except to AFOL's, but come on, are they just gonna let the launch of the biggest Technic set ever gonna go by whithout any attention?

Last edited:
Now that is a day one purchase for me, if lego could just bother to, I dunno, maybee give us a freaking release date?

I believe the release date for all 2H Technic sets is August 1st. I'll be getting the Claas Xerion (unless reviews say it's crap).

RE: Porsche. Decided not to get it. At least not now and not for 300 Eurobucks. I could use the money elsewhere and the EB review makes it seem like it's not worth to pay the added premium anyway.

Got my RedditGift in too!

ZQbQTnD.jpg

Just bought that model over the weekend. My Lego backlog keeps growing (I now need to build the following: 21303, 75095, 76023 and 42036).

Last edited:
Obviously not mine...

You know I was thinking the same thing......and if anything the blue beetle looks even better than the orange one :p

You know I was thinking the same thing......and if anything the blue beetle looks even better than the orange one :p

Haha yah. I think i also like the "Lego" cars more. Because the GT3 is technic, its got a lot of the exposed pipes and such, while the F40, this new beetle set, and the classic MINI all looked more like the original car.

I have to make up my mind on the Beetle yet, it's not bad, but it doesn't have the must-have appeal of the other cars in the series. Plus they have done the Beetle in the past and then there's been the Westfalia Bulli, I'd rather see them do other brands and models. A 2CV or an E-Type... Or a 300SL since TLG has the licence.

Anyway speaking of the improved Beetles, aka Porsches, there's also this:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/the-lego-technic-ultimate-contest

Not sure yet if I join, it's been some time since I attempted to build something on my own. But the prizes are cool.

I have to make up my mind on the Beetle yet, it's not bad, but it doesn't have the must-have appeal of the other cars in the series. Plus they have done the Beetle in the past and then there's been the Westfalia Bulli, I'd rather see them do other brands and models. A 2CV or an E-Type... Or a 300SL since TLG has the licence.

With the F40 being the exeption I think so far they are going for "charming" over cool with the creator expert cars. I think the Ideas Caterham will take up the next cool car slot so next years creator car will probably also fall into the charming/cute/nostalgic categori. I'm thinking a 4x4 or something japanese.

I think I'm going to get it. I love my Creator F40, but this thing is too cool.

Anyway speaking of the improved Beetles, aka Porsches, there's also this:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/the-lego-technic-ultimate-contest

Not sure yet if I join, it's been some time since I attempted to build something on my own. But the prizes are cool.

You know with the Mini and the Beetle, if they did the 2CV we could have the 'small cars that motorized Europe' holy Trinity.

That said, with the licenses they now have, I really hope that they will do a Muscle car in either this scale, or in the Technic car supersets line that is rumoured to follow the Porsche.