Show us your Lego!

ahhhh wtf

I would have owned this thread back when I was 10

Same here, I had a massive collection. Its now in the attic and will be given to my kid. I intend to add to his collection to make it even better.

^ I wanted to do the same thing, the only problem with that is as I started growing out of LEGOs, they started making larger pieces that would normally take 6 or 7 to build (i.e. the front end of a car, it used to be quite a few pieces, then they started producing 'front end of a car' specific pieces).

My point is that even though all LEGOs can be used with each other, in a few years you may not want to.

^ I wanted to do the same thing, the only problem with that is as I started growing out of LEGOs, they started making larger pieces that would normally take 6 or 7 to build (i.e. the front end of a car, it used to be quite a few pieces, then they started producing 'front end of a car' specific pieces).
Such was James May's moan on Top Toys, and I agree with him.

That said, if there's any Lego I'd ever want again, it was the Test Car which I built as a 10-year-old. With suspension, pop-up headlights and a working V4 engine - in the back. The instructions showed how to build it as a LHD model, and I soon formulated my own RHD conversion.

You bastards, they haven't been out for YEARS! Oh, and in the upper part of the photo you can see the Lego's mortal enemy, the floor vent.

IMG_3193.jpg

So anyways, I've been looking on Ebay at some old Lego sets I wanted but never got. :cry: These things sell for a premium. Unopened sets can go for $500+ dollars!

Ok, can we now admit that we're all just oversized children?

As my mother used to say when my Dad and I would get into a project (especially one with power tools)

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Some recent stuff:

It's the 1:8 one complete with the engine that you can watch the cyl go up and down when it moves.

It was fun to build:

More stuff is either in pieces, been raided for parts on other bits (bricks on an empty trailer = cargo truck :p) or on top of cupboards, more later.

You bastards, they haven't been out for YEARS! Oh, and in the upper part of the photo you can see the Lego's mortal enemy, the floor vent.

I've lost many a good piece into the dark pits of the floor vents. They were honorable pieces, too young to be taken from us. May they rest in peace (piece!) forever. :sleep:

/eulogy to Legos

Some of my old sets are probably worth a bit on eBay as well, and even moreso if I had the original boxes weren't missing and the instruction manuals (I kept all of my instructions) were intact. But instead I played the hell out of them, you know, like a real kid.

I've got the Ferrari Enzo set, but I've definitely got my eye on the Millenium Falcon. $500 is nothing to pay for sheer unadulterated awesome.

Some recent stuff:

I have the bulldozer on the left!

Got it for Xmas last year.

Actually, I just took the motors out today so I could build some kind of remote controlled 4x4 from scratch, with a circular (lego) saw on the front. So far, I've got the chassis and motors done.

This is the only one I had. Ever... :(

dsc00052.jpg

82b1_1.JPG

8034.jpg

Lego Technic Universal 8034. You can see clearly on the box that it's rated 8-14 years. Now compare it to the new set that my nephew got that's also rated 8-14 (and I assembled, JOY!)

8289.jpg

I know kids are supposed to have gotten smarter over the years, but come on! It took ME 6 hours to assemble and I'm not that dimm.

You guys ain't seen nothing yet. On Saturday I'll go up into the Loft and take photos of my...er...collection. At a guess (I haven't seen the stuff in a year or so), I have 3 large (twice the amount that Twerp shows us) boxes (at least - I can't remember quite how much)

Last edited:
I have the bulldozer on the left!

Got it for Xmas last year.

Actually, I just took the motors out today so I could build some kind of remote controlled 4x4 from scratch, with a circular (lego) saw on the front. So far, I've got the chassis and motors done.

You going to build in some gear reduction? Also, I would always build my electric lego cars off of a ladder chassis.

You guys ain't seen nothing yet. On Saturday I'll go up into the Loft and take photos of my...er...collection. At a guess (I haven't seen the stuff in a year or so), I have 3 large (twice the amount that Twerp shows us) boxes (at least - I can't remember quite how much)

Ooooo, pics or it didn't happen richie rich :p

I went up there and it is all packed away in a corner, and I couldn't be bothered to dig it out to the front. I'll do it some other time. :p

First LEGO I had

145830564_ac2d4d4407.jpg

I had a yellow two storey house of around the same vintage as well. Such a shame most of the windows got broken, and part slowly went missing. :cry:

I want to find pics of my Technic sets, but I probably should go to work instead.