Show us your Lego!

I'm through with the drivetrain. I built mine with the gears sequentially. I am going to get an electric motor so I can see whats up with the transmission stalling, or if it will at all. I've also read that if you swap another couple of pieces around, it will fix the problem of multiple gears being engaged at the same time. I started to do that, but then I found that if I pulled the shifter farther back, that alone fixed the problem.

So all you do is build step 269 before 267? Or do you swap the gears they're suggesting? I haven't opened mine yet or looked through the online building instructions so I don't actually know what those steps entail.

So all you do is build step 269 before 267? Or do you swap the gears they're suggesting? I haven't opened mine yet or looked through the online building instructions so I don't actually know what those steps entail.

I built it up through 269, then just swapped out the 267 and 269 assembly positions. Each step has a shaft, a gear, and a collar (i'm sure those aren't the right terms). You just swap the two assemblies.

Here is a video that demonstrates the problem:

Here is the swap (although I just pulled the two shafts out and swapped them around instead of piece-by-piece.

A video showing the fixed result:

This video shows the transmission stalling problem.
[video=youtube;g-xyq69TCWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xyq69TCWk[/video]
Part of me wonders if this is because of the dual-engagement problem. If you look at those videos, the orange piece (there is one on each side), is what engages each gear. After a gear pull, it should end up at either 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees. His isn't, so the gear selectors don't come out all the way and I think this is what causes it to stall. I found that if I pull the gear selector back farther, the linkage ends up in the right spots and I don't have dual engagement.

I'm going to order some lego motors to play with that. I also kinda want to experiment with turning the car into an RC car. I've seen steps where someone did it, but they bypassed the transmission. I'd like to not do that. Would be neat to see how much of it I can modulate with motors.

Last edited:
A must buy for sure but a little disappointing compared to the original idea one. I guess a lot of non standard solutions was used on it, so Lego couldn't make it quite as true to the original...

A video review of the Caterham is already up. It will be a perfect addition to the Creator Expert cars :)

It's a little disappointing that there is no representation of the suspension like on the original Ideas submission, but lot's of other neat little details have made it into the set.

I'm impressed that they haven't used a single sticker- everything is printed. Some complain that it doesn't have steering, but in my case it will exclusively be a display model so it doesn't really matter.

<3

Damn, now I need one.

So I have $30 worth of Lego VIP points expiring soon. I'm tempted to pick up 75875: Ford F-150 Raptor & Ford Model A Hot Rod

Went to the Lego store this morning. Took all my will power not to walk out with the Porsche.

I actually know the guy who did the graphics for the Porsche box+some more :)

Last edited:
So I have $30 worth of Lego VIP points expiring soon. I'm tempted to pick up 75875: Ford F-150 Raptor & Ford Model A Hot Rod

Its a nice smaller set, I am not thrilled with the way the Raptor sits normally. Has a swinging suspension that lines up with the wheel wells when it is compressed, but when its not the wheels do not line up as well.

Normal

Compressed (sorry about the shadow from my fat fingers

Most of my collection from the past 1.5 years since my wife got me back into this expensive hobby...:lol:

Edit: I know it needs to be organized better. I have to get everything I'm going to display out there, then I'll worry about how it looks:blink:

Last edited:
Built my Raptor last night, but was missing a 1x3 dark gray flat piece. Luckily Lego has a really good system for ordering missing pieces, and this one was on the surface of the tool chest and one of the last pieces needed so it didn't pose a roadblock. The Raptor itself is really nice, even if not overly detailed. It will be a really nice model to put on my desk at my new job (trailer/hotrod and the rest of it will stay home).

Last edited:
^Nice!

You can't help but to lust for the GT3 RS but I just can't justify the money and space it would take.

All my Creator Expert cars, the Ideas Caterham and a wild Technic street motorcycle that snuck in.