Show us your Lego!

We're getting to the stage where there will soon be an equivalent of Rule 34 for this stuff.

EDIT Apparently it already exists as Rule 34.4x2

I nominate the SR71, DC3 and the Riva Aquarama as future Lego creations. I would definitely buy all 3.

Jr has gotten too old for the crib mobile so replaced it with something a little cooler

GUMTZM1.jpg

5892 Sonic Boom, clearly inspired by the Eurofighter. Got og for ? 18 from a lokal seller. Sadly it turned out to be a smoker but a long soak in dishwater and hydrogen peroxide for the white parts helped.

All in all a very enjoyable set :)

Edit: A new ? 600-800 Millenium Falcon would make me look way less crazy for spending ? 220 om the GT3 RS :p

Last edited:
I nominate the USS Enterprise. Either NCC-1701 or CVN-80.

I nominate the USS Enterprise. Either NCC-1701 or CVN-80.

Give it time. Lego obviously know their target adult market.

:)
A new ? 600-800 Millenium Falcon would make me look way less crazy for spending ? 220 om the GT3 RS :p

You'd be crazy to spend any money on that model. Beside its exterior looks, its a very crappy model. Basically a glorified gearbox looking like a porsche. And it's not even a very good gearbox at that.

If you want an awesome lego model, get a vintage 8880.

Last edited:
You angry old man....you're right offcourse.... buy you angry old man :p

You'd be crazy to spend any money on that model. Beside its exterior looks, its a very crappy model. Basically a glorified gearbox looking like a porsche. And it's not even a very good gearbox at that.

If you want an awesome lego model, get a vintage 8880.

You are of course right and the mechanical accuracy of 8880 is awesome but the GT3 RS is arguably better as a display model which is my main use for it, so while it is a shame they didn't do realistic suspension geometry etc. and passed it off as "ultimate" I'm happy with it.

Lately I've been thinking about adding the Porsche too, but $330 is just too pricey. It looks decent enough I suppose but it doesn't really offer anything beyond the initial wow-factor of a giant orange car.

Over here in the U.S. it never goes on sale for some reason coughPorschecough.

I did just add 42048 to the collection though, and all for just $15. A very cute little racing kart that has tons of detail packed into it. 10/10

Lately I've been thinking about adding the Porsche too, but $330 is just too pricey. It looks decent enough I suppose but it doesn't really offer anything beyond the initial wow-factor of a giant orange car.

Over here in the U.S. it never goes on sale for some reason coughPorschecough.

I did just add 42048 to the collection though, and all for just $15. A very cute little racing kart that has tons of detail packed into it. 10/10

ooh.. that one looks pretty cool.

I still want the Caterham Seven set as well.. just because. That's why I bought the Lego set.. I can't help but want it, and I knew I'd regret not having it years from now.

I bought 42046 a while back.. haven't built it yet, but I though it looked really cool.

Last edited:
I still need to build my Porsche, its been sitting in the box in my office for months now. Though I did manage to carve out enough time to build the 42043 I managed to catch on sale a month ago or so.

So euhrm, 3 teasers later and new UCS Falcon all but confirmed.

What we know for facts so far:

New set is going to be a UCS Star Wars set.

New set will have 7541 pieces, 2500 more then the old one and 1600 more then the current record holder.

Official reveal is going to be Sep 1st, release Oct 1st

What has not been confirmed :

Price has been guestimated between 600-800 Euro's, based on a price per piece ratio based on other UCS sets.

Interior is what everyone is hoping for, and in my personal view it's pretty much the only way I could see 2500 extra pieces, I mean the old one is a giant and already as detailed as is really possible, adding a third more pieces on just the outside could only make it bigger, to the point were it gets unpractical for anyone to display, to put that into perspective, most UCS sets are around 2000 pieces and already quite big to display, this has more bricks then that just ADDED to it.

The hype on the usual Lego boards is insane, from a marketing standpoint this is already a smash hit, and nobody has even SEEN the thing, I hate hype, God I hate hype, I shall not take part in this, I won't.....I may have also called the local Lego Brand store to see if they were accepting pre-orders following the rumors that have been floating around.

Last edited:
If it really is going to be that big, the only point I can see for this is to horde unopened boxes in your attic until its worth a boatload of money. I'm seeing originals listed for $8-14k right now.

Also, while looking for the old 10179 set, I found this on eBay. Clicked on it because the small thumbnail looked about right and the price was unbelievable. But then I saw what it was.

Ah yes, Lepin, I was only a matter of time before they starting passing those off as the genuine article on Ebay.

About the new one, I don't see this ever getting the insane prices the old one has, for the simple fact that everyone is going to put one away to resell, flooding the market, I also see prices on the original one going down because of the new one.

If it really is going to be that big, the only point I can see for this is to horde unopened boxes in your attic until its worth a boatload of money. I'm seeing originals listed for $8-14k right now.

The concept of "investing" in Lego hadn't really developed back when the original was out. Now the earnings of the few that put them away for later has been making the rounds in mainstream media several times and is known to everyone even remotely intetested in Lego. Because of this I can't see the prices developing anywhere near like they did for the first one. It's not going to be a limited run or anything.