• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Sig Problem

jayjaya29

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW M3
This is a trivial problem, but it bothers me to no end. But why is there such a large gap between the bottom of my sig picture and the area for the PM button and AIM button, etc etc. I was looking at everybody else's sigs and they don't have this problem. What am I doing wrong?

how do you add pics to your sig? its baffling me.

My guess is the forum design leaves a fix gap underneath the avatar & location - if the resulting total height of the avatar / location 'box' is greater than the height of the body of your post combined with your sig height you'll have a gap under your sig.

If however you have a huge sig or yours is a long post and so their combined height is greater than the avatar / location area, your sig will end flush with the bottom and you'll have a large gap under the location.

Hope that made sense... it is just a guess too...

bartboy9891 - To add pics to your sig use img tags the same way as you do in a post.

fbc said:
My guess is the forum design leaves a fix gap underneath the avatar & location - if the resulting total height of the avatar / location 'box' is greater than the height of the body of your post combined with your sig height you'll have a gap under your sig.

If however you have a huge sig or yours is a long post and so their combined height is greater than the avatar / location area, your sig will end flush with the bottom and you'll have a large gap under the location.

I see what you are saying, but it seems to happen to me on everypost. With a lot of writing or not. And as I just find out, it is now flush with the bottom weird.

^ See, look, there's no gap in that post - eureka my guess might be right!

The total height of your post looks to be the greater of:

Avatar + Location + Fixed padding; or
Post body + Sig height

Which ever is the shorter will end up with extra padding underneath

It would be happening to a lot of your posts as you have a tall avatar - mine's a lot shorter so I don't get it as often on my posts.

Suppose so, alright I guess you figured out the problem and I proved it. Thanks fbc.

woot my image works!

I wouldn't worry about it - your avatar's great so don't change it or anything.

:lol: @ bart's sig

fbc said:
I wouldn't worry about it - your avatar's great so don't change it or anything.

:lol: @ bart's sig

Oh ok, I was planning to change in, but in that case I'll leave it for awhile. :)

Hey I had this same problem some time ago (january) and I solved it by just makeing the sig bigger. Just a thought.

Also, I'v always liked your sig alot, its what gave me the idea into doing mine with the "finalgear" logo-ing so thanks :thumbsup:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Hey I had this same problem some time ago (january) and I solved it by just makeing the sig bigger. Just a thought.

:lol: Well that's one way around it.

Just what we need - bigger sigs :p

fbc said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

:lol: Well that's one way around it.

Just what we need - bigger sigs :p
Its the best way around it! :p

Im responsible though, I use a compressor that makes the file size smaller so my avatar + sig = only 33.2KB! Just one of those crazy animated avatars is triple that value..even more in fact <_<

fbc said:

bartboy9891 - To add pics to your sig use img tags the same way as you do in a post.
That's correct. :)