• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Sig Problem

jayjaya29

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
5,715
Location
Ithaca, NY
Car(s)
1997 BMW M3
This is a trivial problem, but it bothers me to no end. But why is there such a large gap between the bottom of my sig picture and the area for the PM button and AIM button, etc etc. I was looking at everybody else's sigs and they don't have this problem. What am I doing wrong?
 
how do you add pics to your sig? its baffling me.
 
My guess is the forum design leaves a fix gap underneath the avatar & location - if the resulting total height of the avatar / location 'box' is greater than the height of the body of your post combined with your sig height you'll have a gap under your sig.

If however you have a huge sig or yours is a long post and so their combined height is greater than the avatar / location area, your sig will end flush with the bottom and you'll have a large gap under the location.

Hope that made sense... it is just a guess too...

bartboy9891 - To add pics to your sig use img tags the same way as you do in a post.
 
fbc said:
My guess is the forum design leaves a fix gap underneath the avatar & location - if the resulting total height of the avatar / location 'box' is greater than the height of the body of your post combined with your sig height you'll have a gap under your sig.

If however you have a huge sig or yours is a long post and so their combined height is greater than the avatar / location area, your sig will end flush with the bottom and you'll have a large gap under the location.

Hope that made sense... it is just a guess too...

I see what you are saying, but it seems to happen to me on everypost. With a lot of writing or not. And as I just find out, it is now flush with the bottom weird.
 
^ See, look, there's no gap in that post - eureka my guess might be right!

The total height of your post looks to be the greater of:

Avatar + Location + Fixed padding; or
Post body + Sig height

Which ever is the shorter will end up with extra padding underneath

It would be happening to a lot of your posts as you have a tall avatar - mine's a lot shorter so I don't get it as often on my posts.
 
Suppose so, alright I guess you figured out the problem and I proved it. Thanks fbc.
 
woot my image works!
 
I wouldn't worry about it - your avatar's great so don't change it or anything.

:lol: @ bart's sig
 
fbc said:
I wouldn't worry about it - your avatar's great so don't change it or anything.

:lol: @ bart's sig

Oh ok, I was planning to change in, but in that case I'll leave it for awhile. :)
 
Hey I had this same problem some time ago (january) and I solved it by just makeing the sig bigger. Just a thought.

Also, I'v always liked your sig alot, its what gave me the idea into doing mine with the "finalgear" logo-ing so thanks :thumbsup:
 
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Hey I had this same problem some time ago (january) and I solved it by just makeing the sig bigger. Just a thought.

:lol: Well that's one way around it.

Just what we need - bigger sigs :p
 
fbc said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Hey I had this same problem some time ago (january) and I solved it by just makeing the sig bigger. Just a thought.

:lol: Well that's one way around it.

Just what we need - bigger sigs :p
Its the best way around it! :p

Im responsible though, I use a compressor that makes the file size smaller so my avatar + sig = only 33.2KB! Just one of those crazy animated avatars is triple that value..even more in fact <_<
 
fbc said:
My guess is the forum design leaves a fix gap underneath the avatar & location - if the resulting total height of the avatar / location 'box' is greater than the height of the body of your post combined with your sig height you'll have a gap under your sig.

If however you have a huge sig or yours is a long post and so their combined height is greater than the avatar / location area, your sig will end flush with the bottom and you'll have a large gap under the location.

Hope that made sense... it is just a guess too...

bartboy9891 - To add pics to your sig use img tags the same way as you do in a post.
That's correct. :)
 
Top