• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Sigs

Sigs

• I want to keep them displayed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• I don't care, I use some sort of adblocker or other software to filter that stuff all out

• I just don't care either way

• Total voters

SiR_dude

Car(s)
2000 Civic SiR
I'm curious as to what the outcome of this will be. This was discussed briefly in another thread, but the question I'm asking is "Are signatures necessary?"

I used to be a staunch defender of sigs, but I now prefer avatars as a personal statement. I find sigs are often too large, and some people don't like being told that they have to shrink their sig. Also, the content in sigs can at times be offensive to some and annoying to others. Yes, avatars can have similar issues, but an avatar is much smaller and IMO not as outspoken as a sig. Why have two areas to represent yourself, when one should be plenty?

I think an avatars-only board would be much cleaner, and easier to read. I still like my sig, and others, of course, but sometimes (ok, a lot of the time) I think it's too much.

What are your guys' thoughts?

I personally dont think it is too much. Not everyone has a sig and we have reduced the size of sigs twice already.

:thumbsup:

The MAN wants me to get rid of my sig. :mrgreen:

NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE, NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE, NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!!

:lol: Ill resize my Bush/Republican sig if needed but it wont go away, its part of me.

They add color to the site and character and make it easy to recognize some ppl.

justin syder said:
Ill resize my Bush/Republican sig if needed but it wont go away, its part of me.

How about new rules for car-related sig's only... :)

:p

Or maybe I should post a picture of Norway's president

Kosmo-370_45945a.jpg

or maybe more logically our prime minister

stortinget_kjell_magne_bondevik.jpg

:lol:

Quite handsome, aren't they.

im all for sigs. they're easier to identifiy, imo.
of course, there should be certain limit on the size, as to not flood the page with ginormous sigs.

i have no prob with UKD's sig.

I think limiting sigs to just cars is illogical as this forum is not just about cars. Why not take away all non car related threads too?

By the way, my Bush pics are wayy smaller than those Norway dudes, resize them and post them if you want, I have no problem.

I say we make them less tall and get strict rules, or simply kill graphic sigs.

I'm fine with graphical sigs, I would just suggest maybe lowering the height from 175 to something closer to 150, so that on a page where lots of people with graphical sigs are discussing its possible to fit more than 3 posts on the screen at a time. I don't care about content, as I don't usually look at them.

I say keep the sigs. They give a clue about persons personality.Resizing them will do no harm..but if you remove them, the forum will look like a Latin dictionary. sigs with colours soothe the eyes.

raheel_qamar said:
I say keep the sigs. They give a clue about persons personality.Resizing them will do no harm..but if you remove them, the forum will look like a Latin dictionary. sigs with colours soothe the eyes.

Yeah I agree, the pictures do make the site look a little more interesting, since reading page after page of text with no pictures to look at in between (even though I have some of them memorized) is somewhat boring.

I like sigs, and I don't have a huge problem with them. But IMO they should be smaller, it would be better for users with slow connections. And these forum would look a bit less messy. But some kind of a signature is a must, maybe just your name or some little text, or a small pic.