Sigs

Sigs

• I want to keep them displayed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• I don't care, I use some sort of adblocker or other software to filter that stuff all out

• I just don't care either way

• Total voters
Yeah I'm with most people here, resize em to very tiny banners, like the box in techz sig, just enough to show something..

altough I have had sigs for a long time I don't really think they contribute anything to the site (except mine of course, because I loved mine hehe...j/k)

No problem either if they should leave.

tskhdawson said:
I vote to have no bad jokes in sigs :p

Hahaha!

I'm for the sigs, the current size is quite ok... No biggie... Just joined that Gerpok thingy... :p

Buba

Hmm.. kinda expected that...

Just one question for all the people who said something about "Needing colours on a page" or "displaying your personality" type of thing - why can't your avatar do that? To me, a sig and an avatar have the same purpose, but they're in different places. And avatars have colour, it's not like you'd be looking at a page full of text. Most threads have loads of smilies and inserted pictures to break up what text is there anyway...why clutter it with sigs?

I'm not hating on sigs (obviously, since I sport one myself), but to me it makes more sense to have your info and your little graphic all in one place, like we have now with the Username, join date, post count, location, and avatar.

Which reminds me, Viper, are you ever gonna put the "My ride" section back up??

Anyway, keep the votes coming :)

I say keep them but max image height lowered, width I don't care so much about.

I have new sig and avatar. A joke mainly, grapes just popped into my mind... :D

EDIT: Oh shit, I'm a weirdo... :eek:

EDIT #2: This is my post number 200!!! I'm having a bicentennial! Where's the champagne? :beer: Well, beer goes too.

Personally I say keep the signatures and avatars, but shrink the size of signatures significantly. This is my favorite format:

gtsig.png

While we're at it we could even shrink avatars down to around 80px by 80px. Sites like Penny-Arcade format their forums that way and it makes things work very efficiently. They deal with over 500,000 unique IP hits a day, so they are forced into making things efficient, but I still prefer the look of it.

I'd say small picture sigs are akay. The only thing I don't like are long text sigs, where someone explains his philosoph/explanation of the world. I don't want to hear it !

I'm for signatures, I've witnessed a discussion like this several aother fora and almost every time it got to the point of a small size signature.
Most important dor me is that they won't stretch the layout at a res of 1024*768, which is the lowest res I use. 800*600 should IMO also not be compromised, since it is also still quite common.
Also it mustn't distort the readability of a thread, so I'm all for a maximum size of signatures, but don't think they should be outlawed.

Simon.

zenon said:
Personally I say keep the signatures and avatars, but shrink the size of signatures significantly. This is my favorite format:

gtsig.png

While we're at it we could even shrink avatars down to around 80px by 80px. Sites like Penny-Arcade format their forums that way and it makes things work very efficiently. They deal with over 500,000 unique IP hits a day, so they are forced into making things efficient, but I still prefer the look of it.

looks good like that, but it's useless if you want to use pics, I already had trouble making mine not higher...

look at your MacF1, we can't see much of it..