SILLY SEASON 2009/2010

kimi knows all the mechanics & engineers already. He has worked with the team before.

You are arguing with yourself here. You just said that Hamilton is a mate with everyone now, and they all work for him. It would be NO different if it was Kimi who got a contract instead of Jenson.

You are arguing with yourself here. You just said that Hamilton is a mate with everyone now, and they all work for him. It would be NO different if it was Kimi who got a contract instead of Jenson.

Exactly. And to be honest, if Jenson/Kimi were to beat Lewis from the first race, it wouldn't really matter that everyone knows Lewis better anyway. The big thing here is speed, and on that you've got to put you r money on Lewis...

I said it would be harder for Jenson to blend in and win the team over from hamilton than Kimi, beacuse Kimi have worked with them in the past before, it will be a smoother transition.

I have a gut feeling that Lewis will outshine Jenson next season.

I'm still holding out for Kimi going to MGP :|

Brazilian press seems to think so - At this stage nothing would surprise me, but I'm not so sure about the credibility of the sources. The Times has picked up on it too, but I think they are just reporting from the Brazilian story.

There's an interesting Q & A with Nick Fry on Autosport, who seems more than a little hurt by Button's decision! He thinks they offered more money than McLaren and says both they and Merc were willing to carry on with his 3-year deal from 2009 - i.e. 2 more years, and give him equal status. A lot of interesting stuff in there, the talks seem to have broken down last week from Button's side. I wonder what his motivation was then, maybe he thought McLaren genuinely had a much better chance of a winning car?

Last edited:
And probably the 'name' is better and he went for the team with the history. Quite sad if this is true. Betraying the team that brought him up for a team just for the 'name'.

And probably the 'name' is better and he went for the team with the history. Quite sad if this is true. Betraying the team that brought him up for a team just for the 'name'.

Come to think of it, what if he thinks that the Mercedes take over was a bit of a sellout on Brawn GP's part? Jenson may be tired of big car manufacturer teams cocking things up, so to move to a smaller more independent one makes a lot of sense.

I mean, after all the corporate meddling of Honda et al, to finally be put on a smaller F1 driven team rather than as part of a huge conglomerate, only to be sold to the highest bidder, it makes a lot of sense to jump ship.

That is true. Could be. Who knows what is motivation is. Only he will know :)

I think Mercedes racing should bring back some Le Mans nostalgia and have the drivers as Squadron Leader Webber and Flt.Lt Dumbreck

Last edited:
Nothing confirmed, and all the articles I'm seeing are originating from Brazil and Italy so no English yet, but there are several reports that Kimi Raikkonen has signed a contract with Mercedes GP. Autosport and Planet F1 forums have gone crazy over the news, but no major sites have ran with it yet. Lito Cavalcanti is the guy who broke it.

Kimi to Mercedes GP? I don't really know who or what to believe anymore. Silly season can't drop anymore bombshells that would surprise me anymore.

Nothing confirmed, and all the articles I'm seeing are originating from Brazil and Italy so no English yet, but there are several reports that Kimi Raikkonen has signed a contract with Mercedes GP. Autosport and Planet F1 forums have gone crazy over the news, but no major sites have ran with it yet. Lito Cavalcanti is the guy who broke it.

Autosport and PF1 have been absolutely insane the past few days, you would have thought someone had died the way some of them are going on!

There are a few English reports, but all are copy-paste from the Brazilian story. James Allen tweeted this not long ago:

#f1 Media voices around the world suggest Raikkonen in talks with Mercedes about dramatic comeback. Is it real or urban myth?
(I tell you, it may be a fad, but Twitter is great for F1 breaking news and rumours!)

Doesn't seem to be much susbstantial evidence around atm. It could still be true but its not like the Guardian's McLaren scoop, which had a known good source.

Not that anyone is paying too much attention to it, but it appears that Trulli hasn't signed for anyone yet, so its not him who Lotus have signed. Speed seem to think both drivers will be announced together - http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-gascoyne-named-trulli-as-target-lotus-driver/. There is a quote floating about from Trulli saying he hasn't signed for anyone yet, but haven't found a good link as of yet.

Not that anyone is paying too much attention to it, but it appears that Trulli hasn't signed for anyone yet, so its not him who Lotus have signed. Speed seem to think both drivers will be announced together - http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-gascoyne-named-trulli-as-target-lotus-driver/. There is a quote floating about from Trulli saying he hasn't signed for anyone yet, but haven't found a good link as of yet.
Wasn't there some other rumor about Trulli testing for a NASCAR seat next year?

that wasnt a rumor, he will be testing with them - but I don't think it will be for a seat next year, its to explore his future options, as he is gonna be in F1 next year (he believes, as do I). Its most likely he will go to Lotus though..

I haven't been on in a while, I know, sorry guys heh. I've been pretty busy, in fact, I also missed the last race of the season :(.

Anyways, I just wanted to chime in that I'm extremely ticked off that Jenson signed for McLaren. Now I sit here in the hope that Lewis is able to show how overrated a driver he was.

I'll probably lose some rep for this, but I speak my mind.

Anyways, take care guys, and enjoy the off season.

I hope Kimi goes to WRC. I was really looking forward to flying the Finnish flag at the Australian rally. Would have Been a good excuse to go to Le Man for a week.

As a McLaren fan I don't want Jenson. It would of been great to have Lewis doing media and being the pin up boy and have speedy Kimi on weekends.

Although I don't want Jenson I'd be happy to have Kimi under the Mercedes name to keep a Finn involved in racing for a Mercedes backed team.

Well see what happens today.

I hope Kimi goes to WRC. I was really looking forward to flying the Finnish flag at the Australian rally.

Aus and NZ share a round. NZ will have the round next year.

Aus and NZ share a round. NZ will have the round next year.

My bad totally forgot.

Good excuse for a cheap holiday in NZ then!

Off Topic:

WRC round sharing is stupid when you don't get some of the best rallies not even on the calender.

Let Merc have their all German line up. Outside of Vettel and Schumi I don't rate the other Germans highly. Great move by McLaren.