Sim City Reboot

^ That would look epic with the center area upgraded to highrises.

yeah, i know... :p still not sure what i im doing wrong since they wont seem to upgrade :p

have you upgraded your streets accordingly? i often forget that there are still some low-density streets in there which keep people from increasing their density.
edit: also, in your screenshot i don't see any parks. PARKS DAMNIT! those snobby snoots want parks all over the place :mad:

i've just passed the 100k mark in population. made myself a lovely little mining / smelting town, including a little handicap in terms of hilly parts. apart from that, i stuck to the "american" way of street-layout, it works pretty well. also: street cars ftw, they ease congestion sooooo much :nod:
Spark_2013-03-09_11-13-30.png

Last edited:
im interested in buying this game, whats up with the server issues? you guys having issues today? Is it better?

haven't had a lot of problems, really. at peak times (weekend, evenings) i occasionally have to wait for 20min before i can get in, but apart from that it mostly works. sometimes the game loses connection to the server while playing, but that doesn't matter, yyou can just keep on playing. it'll just reconnect later. only thing problematic is claiming new cities or creating new regions, which did take me 3 tries until i got through to the server (that was at some peak-time, though, too). :dunno: all in all, i can't really complain too much. most of the issues seem to be blown way out of proportion...

Just got this game and am loving it. Although, I'm having a hard time joining a game? they all seem to be full.... :(

now there are major server issues...le sigh

Server issues weren't as bad today. I managed to play the game for a few hours today. Fun game but you do quickly run out of space in your cities, do hope they've fully ironed out all the kinks in the game.

I'm thinking of buying this game tomorrow but I'm not sure if my computer can handle it. I know they list the minimum requirements, but I have no intention to play the game if it only runs smoothly with the lowest resolution. What kind of machines are you guys using to run the game? Here are my laptop specs:

Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHZ
8GB SDDR3 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT640M-LE

The video card is what I'm most concerned about.

any updates on the server issue? I REALLY want to download this game (my PS3 died today) but i dont wanna be mad when i do. there doesnt seem to be any current status updates online though.

any updates on the server issue? I REALLY want to download this game (my PS3 died today) but i dont wanna be mad when i do. there doesnt seem to be any current status updates online though.

It disconnects and reconnects frequently, though I haven't really had many issues beyond that. My tip for if you get it soon: try and avoid region play and make a self-sufficient city. It can be a little buggy and frustrating if you're relying on another city for something important like electrical power or garbage pickup.

We should get an FG region going

Few other tips:

If you are going to build the nuclear power plant, make sure you build a university/community college first and educate your Sims as much as possible. Otherwise that beast WILL blow up on you and render half your city useless, whether you like it or not.

If you are going to have high-tech industry in your city, build the BIG fire station and add a couple of HazMat trucks (PelicanHazard found this out the hard way :p ).

Totally up to you, but I would suggest making your first region in Sandbox mode (extra cash and no disasters) to tune your skills.

As for the servers, they're still a little cantankerous, though it's improving. I lose connection to them from time to time, but the game usually reconnects within a minute.

Few other tips:

If you are going to build the nuclear power plant, make sure you build a university/community college first and educate your Sims as much as possible. Otherwise that beast WILL blow up on you and render half your city useless, whether you like it or not.

That reminds me

That "Cloud computing" thing is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Sim City was always single player, or at least there should be a single player component. What will happen in 20 years when someone wants to pick this up and play it for nostalgia reasons and the servers are obviously not there anymore? Obviously not what the devs were thinking about, but whatever. Internet down, router burned out, whatever reason, can't play... Not to mention about having to queue in to play on your own, not being able to run the game at full speed cos EA's servers can't handle it....

I'm sorry, but:

576196_517368124972369_128783367_n.png

Last edited: