Site Suggestions

Ok, small suggestion, hope that it hasn't been said before...but there is no link from the Final Gear website back to the main website! So if you want to go to "Shows", you have to manually type in the website address again (usually it's been lost already in my "back" menu) and then go to "Shows".

My suggestion is, instead of the Final Gear logo at the top pointing to the forum home page (which is already covered by the "Finalgear.com Forums" link in the directory tree, make it point back to the main site.

Thank you

^ Not quite sure what you mean, but if it's what I think it is then try clicking on this:
http://img525.imageshack.**/img525/7272/image1mh6.jpg

Footer also has a Finalgear.com link.

^ Not quite sure what you mean, but if it's what I think it is then try clicking on this:
http://img525.imageshack.**/img525/7272/image1mh6.jpg

Yes but that only appears on the main forum page. What if I'm reading a thread (or I'm in a sub-forum) and I want to return to the main site? I see that there is the drop-down at the footer, but that is already requiring that I scroll all the way down and click three times to get to the main page, in which time I could have already retyped the address. I think that having the logo at the top link back to the main page (like it does in so many other forums) makes it easier to navigate.

Yes but that only appears on the main forum page. What if I'm reading a thread (or I'm in a sub-forum) and I want to return to the main site? I see that there is the drop-down at the footer, but that is already requiring that I scroll all the way down and click three times to get to the main page, in which time I could have already retyped the address. I think that having the logo at the top link back to the main page (like it does in so many other forums) makes it easier to navigate.

No there is a direct link in the footer. One click.

hi,

could you please link to my site
[removed]

and if you can provide me with a link botton for FinalGear
ill link to you as well

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

We do not allow promoting of other sites/forums here.

This is probably a silly suggestion.

With the username colours, eg. Red for everyone, Pink not a dude etc, why not have a prohbation coloured name, so for new members, they get a different colour and then after 3 months they go to red. Then we can see who is new, and who have been here a while just by the colours?

Is anyone else having a problem with the PM function? It said I had 50 unread messages and I check and they are all ones from earlier this year or last year that are marked as unread for some reason.

^Yeah, I had the same problem last night. Suddenly thought I was popular but it was just the ones I had recieved and read already!

Weird.

I had that too, just several months ago.

You should have a place for newsgroup uploads. So people can post there NZbs

You should have a place for newsgroup uploads. So people can post there NZbs
Meh, I think the majority of users here don't know what NZB's are or don't have access to use them (I'm in that 2nd group).

Could we update the show pics?, the fifth gear one still has John Bentley on it.

Could we update the show pics?, the fifth gear one still has John Bentley on it.
I hadn't really bothered as I figured I'd just wait for the next version of the site.

My suggestion (dunno if it's already been done) is that we keep the sound preview on the "What's that song" first posts. Sometimes, I heard some music in an ep. of TG and I want to find it, but I don't have the exact timecode (I watch it rather than download it) or I can't quite recall it. Once the tracks are filled in, you can't "play" them.