Skoda Fabia randomly cutting out while rolling

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
Need a bit of insight. The Fabia is acting weirdly all of a sudden. While driving it is momentarily shutting off (less than a second). All the warning lights light up and all gauges die, but then it starts back up normally (sort of like bump or push starting it).

It is doing it while rolling, at highway-ish speeds. Conditions are rainy, about 22C.
Nothing weird to note when idling either

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Weirdly? it's a VAG product, isn't electricial maladies an expected part of the ownership experience? :p

I know absolutely diddleysquat about mechanicals but could It be a bad ground or something...perhaps when a bump is hit in just the right way?

jack_christie

Sounds a bit like a problem with the ignition wire, something loose, dodgy clip joint?. Was the car ever hot wired or a have dodgy alarm install?

Had a similar problem before, but only happened a few times before I got rid of car. Usually it was on motorway at 120km/h and at almost the same exact point! Must have been the harmonics of a very slight bump in the road. I always suspected a problem with an alarm install, but was never able to confirm my theory.

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
Found the problem, clutch is slipping badly (I wasn't driving on the first post). Dad says it was mostly right after a gear change, it must have been stalling or something.

Also rick: the VAG electrical problems show up, for some weird reason, in the US market cars. We basically run a fleet of VAG products and have never had electrical issues.