Skoda Superb "facelift"

Well Xenon generally doesn't always have a longer beam, but tends to, yes. But its mainly a brighter light and has also a wider section of the road/surroundings illuminated. The mentioned cornering headlights are a really nice toy and add to that, I got those too. But that would technically also apply to halogens, if they'd ever be equiped with cornering technology. And the "Bi"-part in Bi-Xenon just says that it uses Xenon for low and high-beam, regardless wether this is done with actually 2 (or 4) actual xenon-headlights or just with 2. Oh and I think you don't literally mean, that your headlights follow you, 'cause I'd prefer my headlights to be actually in front of me ;).

All xenons aren't created equal, I'm afraid. .Many german cars with bi-xenons (high beam and dipped beam from the same projector) have unbelievably crappy headlights, tbh. I've been in an '11ish Touran and a '12 Passat with bi-xenon. The dipped beam on the Touran was OK. The one on the Passat was somewhere between "are you :censored:ing kidding?" and "I've seen better lights on 6 volt Beetles". The high beams on both were completely useless. You got a symmetrical beam and a few more meters of range when you flicked them on, that's it.

My Skoda has factory xenons but it's not the "bi" kind. It has halogens for the high beam. The color temperature is a disappointing shade of brown when your eyes are used to HIDs, but the range is a lot better.

Some cars with "bi-xenon" flips up the xenons and turns on a separate halogen bulb when you flick the highbeams on. This is the best solution, imo. Except for bolt-on driving lights of course. The kind that Thomas loves so much. :lol:

My car moves a reflector out of the way when turning on highbeams, saying it is effectively always on and does not kill the mid-/close-range when turning it on. Granted, I had to adjust the height from factory to proper. And I had to do it myself, because when the garage did it, the light was awesome but other traffic hated me ;).

My car moves a reflector out of the way when turning on highbeams, saying it is effectively always on and does not kill the mid-/close-range when turning it on.

Yeah, that's not really a good way to do highbeams IMO. Projectors made for a wide and short low-beam can't produce the range required for a proper high-beam. There are probably different models and makes of projectors but the one VW uses on the current Passat is terrible to the point of being downright dangerous.

The way Volvo does it (or did it?) is better, imo. It flips up the xenons, but it also turns on a halogen bulb for more range.

Then again I can see how someone living in continental Europe don't see the need for good highbeams. Spend some time up here between, say, October and April, and you might start see the point. ;)

Enough with the derailing now. :lol:

I think this is a fairly good mid-life update to a model I didn't particularly like to begin with. It looks a lot less ugly now, in my eyes.