Skoda Superb "facelift"

McRae

https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/pressrelease.aspx?ID=438

The ?KODA model offensive continues: The new ?KODA Superb and the Superb Combi have undergone a comprehensive facelift and will both celebrate their world premiere on 19th April 2013, the eve of the Shanghai Motor Show. The brand?s top model impresses with fresh, attractive ?KODA Design, including a new interior and new technology features. The new Superb is to be launched in European markets at the end of June, 2013.

They've ruined it...Rear lights from a GranTurismo doesn't help.

EDIT: The estate still looks decent though.

Last edited:
Agreed. They've given it the same silly moustache grille as the Octavia.

Who wants to drive around in Hercule Poirot?

I can't see too big changes in the first place, especially the combi rearend looks totally the same to me. The sedans rearend got better, the old one just looks ugly. The front.. well.. not a big change in terms of looking good or bad..

I can't see too big changes in the first place, especially the combi rearend looks totally the same to me. The sedans rearend got better, the old one just looks ugly. The front.. well.. not a big change in terms of looking good or bad..

Enough to cause a narfgasm though I bet.

They have never been 'lookers' just well made and engineered cars - decent dealers too (Volkswagen dealers: all hang your heads in shame).

The facelift fixed a lot of what I always thought was wrong with the Superb. The headlights, and the taillights on the saloon. It has always looked sad, in a way.

That is just you. The old one did not look like a BMW and this one effectively did not change a bit. You should visit an optician.

I would say that it looks like some BMWs from 2 gens ago, from some angles.

Agree 100%. This update looks great.

As usual, these are press shots which means a two-tone interior, big wheels, LEDs and HIDs, etc. Most of which won't be ordered, at least not by anyone on this continent. :p
I think two-tone even was a free option on my car, but I bought it from the lot and whoever specced it had played it safe. Black on black, silver trim, silver exterior. At least it has the functional upgrades.

Well if you blast along at 250 kph it doesn't really matter wether your cone of light is 100 or 150m long ;). Either you orientate on the rearlights of the other cars, or the headlights of the other lane, or you'll have the highbeams on anyway, which tend to be fairly good at most halogens too.

That makes sense to me, never thought of it that way. For some reason, my previous thinking was that bi-xenon headlamps have something to do with high-speed driving. As they are usually fitted to higher performance cars. I have them on my Passat, they really work well, even follows you round the bends.