Sky to launch Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports F1 HD in March 2012

Eh, they're splitting the races between networks? How did FOM approve that idea?

Because the total fee has increased by a huge amount. Rumours are Sky are paying more than the BBC were this year and the BBC will still be paying about 65% of their current fee.

I'm with Beardy Branson Media, so I guess it'll just be the ten races and highlights then. I'll bet Sky will shaft Branson like they did with Sky Atlantic.

Sky F1 Team

They've managed to get Ant Davidson, Ted Kravitz and Natalie Pinkham from the BBC to join Brundle and Crofty. Steve Rider is also returning to F1 since ITV lost it's coverage.

I'm so looking forward to Crofty and Brundle in the commentary box next year! Ant Davison and Ted Kravits on the books is ok by me too. Too bad Ben Edwards' name hasnt been mentioned anywhere.

Sky F1 Team

They've managed to get Ant Davidson, Ted Kravitz and Natalie Pinkham from the BBC to join Brundle and Crofty. Steve Rider is also returning to F1 since ITV lost it's coverage.

Croft & Brundle should be an epic combination. Same with Davidson & Ted.

But.... I never liked Steve Rider, had enough of his ugly face during the ITV era, and I'm not exactly thrilled about his return either. Nevertheless, at least it's not James Allen that is coming back, phew... :mrgreen:

Croft & Brundle should be an epic combination. Same with Davidson & Ted.

But.... I never liked Steve Rider, had enough of his ugly face during the ITV era, and I'm not exactly thrilled about his return either. Nevertheless, at least it's not James Allen that is coming back, phew... :mrgreen:

Crofty, Ant and Martin will all be in the commentary booth (minus Ant of course if there is a WEC race on the same weekend), Ted stays in the pitlane. ;)

Let me guess. Sky made them salary offers they simply could not resist. :roll:

According to Brundle, other than the larger paycheck, he gets the chance to make more technical features and such.

Brundle on Twitter said:
"Can confirm I'll be commentating on Sky Sports F1 in 2012. All races live on dedicated F1 channel + more tech features is what motivates me"

"Yes money is better but with deals I could have put around lower key BBC role + 50% of my income going to UK taxman, not the deciding factor"

https://twitter.com/#!/MBrundleF1 Look for tweets on the 27th of November.

Ben Edwards, not a bad choice. Know his voice really well from BTCC, so BBC F1 in the future shouldn't sound too strange to me.