Sleeper Thread

That Volvo is pure winsauce, never would expecty that thing to outdrag an M5.

[video=youtube;zjc8l_u-BSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjc8l_u-BSg[/video]

there is a '88 Volvo 240 with a 4.6l Cobra engine here

looks like this

4829247188_265e434ea4_b.jpg

yes no?

That Volvo looks like a tuner-car.

In my opinion, if it looks like any kind of tuner-car it stops being a sleeper, since it can be easily identified for what it is, even if it is a tuned family sedan. Which is kinda sad, since less factory-super-sleepers count as sleepers anymore (see M5).

Lose the rear spoiler, and you got a real sleeper.

Nissan [p]Juke body, Nissan GTR engine, tranny, brakes, front and rear axel. Build by RML in UK. So far its a one of a kind.

Nissan%2520Puke%2520rear.jpg

Nissan%2520Puke.jpg

Nissan%2520Puke%2520assembly.jpg

More details on Evo

Lose the rear spoiler, and you got a real sleeper.

Nissan [p]Juke body, Nissan GTR engine, tranny, brakes, front and rear axel. Build by RML in UK. So far its a one of a kind.

Nissan%2520Puke%2520rear.jpg

Nissan%2520Puke.jpg

Nissan%2520Puke%2520assembly.jpg

More details on Evo

You'd have to do a lot more than just getting rid of the spoiler to consider the Juke R a sleeper.

A sleeper should surprise other drivers, and this one will surprise everyone. Its not a problem, to look good, and drives like a devil. This one i ugly from start, and goes like a devil.

But it wouldn't surprise anyone as it got Sporty Wheels, Sporty Bodykits, Sporty Spoiler, Sporty Exhaust, Sporty noise.

The juke is also a candidate to Carbage, whatever you do with it. :D

A real sleeper must be able to blend in the crowd. Park one among other similar cars and no one will be able to tell the boxy looking Volvo that leaves BMW's behind from all the other factory standard Volvos. Install tinted windows, lower the suspension, put sporty tires, a banging stereo, or any non-standard body panel and you don't have a sleeper anymore. A true sleeper must make people go like "WTF:blink:" every time, not just once. It must make people question their own eyes and wonder if what they saw and heard really happened.

For me, a sleeper is like a popcorn salesman who happens to know kung-fu. Just by looking you could never tell that the little gentleman with glasses could beat the crap out of 5 guys who tried to rob him. And even after watching it happen, you still can't believe it.

In order to have a tue, TRUE sleeper, you shouldn't change anything outside, or even wash it properly. The car must always have the crappy looks of an everyday beater. Bonus points for non-working radio, parts held with tape and all kinds of rubbish thrown on the rear seat. In fact some sleepers look to be in WORST shape than their factory standard counterparts. :D

I don't even consider M5s and Mercs to be sleepers. After you learn how powerful an M5 is, you won't be surprised anymore, and whenever you see one you know it's a mean machine. A shitty-looking old FIAT is a different story, you simply know that they are never fast, so when you see one going past 150MPH it's always a surprise, every single time, not just once.

Last edited:
Here's one I think we can all agree on :)

[video]http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/274375/video_harris_drives_the_tg_live_taxi.html[/video]

Sorry can't figure out how to embed the 2nd one :-(

Last edited:
A sleeper with a cage? Me thinks not.

Well, it does look stock outside but the roll cage is hard to miss.

And the winner is...
Golf 2 with 900hp
Source

So how often do they have to rebuild the transmission on that thing? Can't imagine the stock 4motion AWD system holding up well against 900hp, there is a reason F1 people said it's nearly impossible to build the gearbox for the Veyron that'd last.