Slippery Slope - Who die's first?

roxboxxx

There are certain forces of nature you should just not fiddle with. Extreme weather, Fire, Tigers . . . . extreme physics. This last stunt in Ep 1 really pushed it beyond what the trio should be doing in the name of ratings. Each year I watch the challenges creep closer to flat out suicidal. After Hamster hit the caravan and May the water coolers, I just knew Clarkson was heading for a brick wall before they even got to the scene. "How far can we go chaps!" Man, not sure who approves these stunts, but someone needs to watch these guys a little more closely. Any of these guys bite it and its the curtain call for all shows in this genre. The show is great without pushing these limits and I hope that JC's injuries temper his willingness to pursue future insanities.

Am I off base here? Do others share my opinion?

You're right, that brick wall really was a bit too much of a risk.

I hope they keep doing crazy stuff, but there is no need to risk their lives for my entertainment.

Pretty sure they'll be alright. If they can slide on their faces at 300mph and make it out with nothing more than a more stylish haircut, then I think they'll be alright.

I think you underestimate just how many health and safety checks they have to go through, and how much support they have waiting in the wings if something does go wrong. Watch the truck crashes again, notice just how many fireman and ambulances and stuff are on the scene. Yes, that particular stunt was a bit over the top - probably the edge of their clearance - but it was much more meticulously planned than is evident on camera.

Black Stig.

He didn't die; he fell through a hole in space-time and regenerated into the brighter, whiter, shinier Stig you see today. They try to keep the Stig's Time Lord heritage under wraps, you know, so they don't have to pay royalties to the Doctor Who people.

You're acting like they just jumped in and hit the wall, take a look at a shot from when they were trying to powerslide and when they were hitting the wall. That is one beefy cage, only thing that shocks me is he wasn't wearing a harness.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/seasonone/2008/11/10/vlcsnap-5095103.png
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/seasonone/2008/11/10/vlcsnap-5094663.png

You have to remember they are multi-million dollar investments they aren't going to let them do anything over the top dangerous. Plus Clarkson overrates everything that happens to him.

I think the running through a brick wall bit was a bit ott, but they do prepare for these sort of things properly, so I guess if Clarkson was willing to do it than good for him.

Jezza and walls don't seem to get on well together. Remember the ?100 car challenge many moons ago. They each drove their car into a wall at 30mph. Jezza had a Volvo with a broken speedo so he had to guess at 30 and got closer to 40. He crashed the car and broke his finger.

I can't see them taking any silly risks, not after what happened to Hamster.

As you can see in the pictures, the Clarkson lorry was converted into some sort of tank before they drove it through the wall. I?m just glad they aparently got Jezza to do it himself rather than hire a stuntman...

I for one enjoy it when people take risks, there is too much health and safety around...

There are certain forces of nature you should just not fiddle with. Extreme weather, Fire, Tigers . . . . extreme physics. This last stunt in Ep 1 really pushed it beyond what the trio should be doing in the name of ratings. Each year I watch the challenges creep closer to flat out suicidal. After Hamster hit the caravan and May the water coolers, I just knew Clarkson was heading for a brick wall before they even got to the scene. "How far can we go chaps!" Man, not sure who approves these stunts, but someone needs to watch these guys a little more closely. Any of these guys bite it and its the curtain call for all shows in this genre. The show is great without pushing these limits and I hope that JC's injuries temper his willingness to pursue future insanities.

Am I off base here? Do others share my opinion?

Were you wearing a Hi-Vis jacket when you posted that?

As you can see in the pictures, the Clarkson lorry was converted into some sort of tank before they drove it through the wall. I?m just glad they aparently got Jezza to do it himself rather than hire a stuntman...

I for one enjoy it when people take risks, there is too much health and safety around...

QTF.
I'd driven into the brick wall in a truck myself. I mean, Jeremy had helmet, rollcage, even the thing around his neck to protect neck injury.. and that wall wasn't all that solid anyway..

Brilliant, let's tell other people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies on their own television shows. Are there any other personal liberties you'd like to take away while you're at it?

I'm neither amused nor impressed by risky physical feats. I wasn't all that excited about the Top Gear Stuntman either. There are plenty of morons out there who will let a donkey kick them in the balls for a laugh. I prefer the subtler stuff. I like that British humor is very dry. You don't get that in America. I have to put up with people like Johnny Knoxville, which I find utterly unfunny.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get a better laugh out of Hammond bumping May's car during challenges and getting a "Hammooonnnnd!" than I do out of seeing someone actually get hurt doing something stupid.

I hope they don't keep down the path. I'm not amused. *shrug*

I'm neither amused nor impressed by risky physical feats. I wasn't all that excited about the Top Gear Stuntman either. There are plenty of morons out there who will let a donkey kick them in the balls for a laugh. I prefer the subtler stuff. I like that British humor is very dry. You don't get that in America. I have to put up with people like Johnny Knoxville, which I find utterly unfunny.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get a better laugh out of Hammond bumping May's car during challenges and getting a "Hammooonnnnd!" than I do out of seeing someone actually get hurt doing something stupid.

I hope they don't keep down the path. I'm not amused. *shrug*

I am.

what a stupid question to ask. I think that ANY stunt they do will be rehearsed to death and there will be a million paramedics on standby (as we've seen with the donutting and crashing through walls). More importantly, I don't think any presenter is willing to do something properly dangerous to entertain the folks at home...

To answer your question : I think Jeremy will die first, at the age of 107, from running out of breath shouting POWEEEEER!