Snoop Dogg denied entry to Australia. Hooray!!

I don't get it, do Americans even need visas to go to Australia?

Umm, it's a different country.

Umm, have you ever been outside of the US? Most countries have reciprocity treaties which eliminate visas for their citizens.

Umm, it's a different country.

I would hardly say "most" more like "some" - and since the increased security for those coming into the US some of those treaties have fallen by the wayside.

At least that is the impression I got the last time I heard about increased border security on the news, but with the state of broadcast news these days I am probably wrong. I just figured that passports and visas were standard these days.

You're right, I should have said some and not most. What I was going to type was most western countries. I've been all over western Europe, Cyprus and the UAE with my Canadian passport.

I'm pretty sure American and Australians don't need visas to go to the other country. Maybe Snoop needed one because he's going for business or whatever.

I don't think you need a visa to just visit, but peforming = working so he needed a visa and consequently got denied.

umm, no. That is the client using art as a therapeutic medium. You are REALLY stretching it now.

WARNING!! Rap Lyrics inside. Racial slurs and violence within.

YE BE WARNED!

Ay ay Jaycee
Sup Aron?
Ain't that Snoop Dogg over there?
That that nigga with that blue coat on?
Yeah
Yeah oh yeah that's that nigga
Nigga roll up on the side of him man
Roll your window down
Man hand me my motherfuckin Glock man gimme another clip
Cuz I'm gonna smoke this fool
Yeah roll the windows down
Yeah, OK there you go
Ay man, you Snoop Dogg?
Snoop?
Huh?
Snoop Doggy Dogg?
Man he's Snoop Dogg
Man fuck that nigga!!
[gun shots]
Nigga man!
Get that nigga man!
Man get up fool man, get up man, don't be tryin to run man
Get up on that fool man, I don't give a fuck
What set you got now? Fuck you nigga!
Yeah nigga, whassup?
Nigga?
Yeah motherfucker
Yeah nigga, one less nigga
Yeah nigga, youse a dead motherfucker now

Yeah, what ever would give them the idea that he might be a problem? Artist my ass. There's nothing artistic about these rhymes, hell, some of the lines are only one syllable long. Not the word, the whole line! The most complex word in the whole thing is... well, look for yourself.

It's not art, it's just noise.

Way to prove your point, going to a lyrics database, and posting the foulest "lyrics" from Snoop Dogg you found without even listening to what the hell your quoting. What you quoted was a skit before a song titled "Murder Was The Case", which is a pretty good track. If you don't like the music, not a problem, but don't go questioning the work's artistic integrity without even giving it a damn listen. I dislike Snoop Dogg as much as you, for different reasons though, mainly declining musical quality. Regardless, the man wrote Doggystyle, an album that was praised by people across the board.

For everyone hear making blanket statements about Hiphop and rappers, please grow up a bit. What people do has no bearing on whether their work is art or not. You are really in no position to decide. That would validate any previous statements made about other forms of music. Hell, if we used your logic, we can start banning everything let and right because it lacks your predefined notion of artistic integrity.

If you your music choice is swayed by what's cool and what's not, I feel sorry for you. You're missing out on a lot of good music.

I tend to like "unpopular music", at least by today's standards. If I had a choice I'd rather listen to old Beastie Boys or Run-DMC before that no-talent ass-clown 50 Cent.

umm, no. That is the client using art as a therapeutic medium. You are REALLY stretching it now.

yeah to be honest psychology really threw me for a loop i got nothing. My main point was that art is subjective just because you don't like something or think it's not art doesn't mean it isn't

I tend to like "unpopular music", at least by today's standards. If I had a choice I'd rather listen to old Beastie Boys or Run-DMC before that no-talent ass-clown 50 Cent.

most "mainstream" rap is utter shit (except for common, outkast and a few others) however the "undergroud" scene has some pretty good stuff (atmosphere and swollen members come to mind)

You can't honestly think that he's going to commit crimes and destroy society in the 4 days (or whatever) that hes in the country. The conservatives elements just dont want him here. His legal background has nothing to do with it.

They tried to pull the same thing on Eminem when he last toured, except they had no convictions to hold against him, so they went with the "think of the children" angle.
bingo!

look at snoop's legal convictions. they're almost entirely various marijuana related charges (omg!) and gun possession violations (again, omg!). and if we're going to sit on a "character high-horse", why not weigh in the tremendous work snoop has put into various communities and all of his charitable contributions? he's likely done more to help others in need than those who ignorantly criticize him (ie: some of y'all, and megomanics like bill o'reilly). i know why: doing so wouldn't serve your agenda(s).

Last edited:
bingo!

look at snoop's legal convictions. they're almost entirely various marijuana related charges (omg!) and gun possession violations (again, omg!).

Oh dear, I'm appalled that you do not find that bad, especially with recent shootings in America (yes I know the Korean guy legally held the weapons).

bingo!

look at snoop's legal convictions. they're almost entirely various marijuana related charges (omg!) and gun possession violations (again, omg!). and if we're going to sit on a "character high-horse", why not weigh in the tremendous work snoop has put into various communities and all of his charitable contributions? he's likely done more to help others in need than those who ignorantly criticize him (ie: some of y'all, and megomanics like bill o'reilly). i know why: doing so wouldn't serve your agenda(s).

I don't have an "agenda" but if you think that his public record is a record of what really happened you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The guy gets high priced lawyers and pleas down to lesser charges. The courts go along with it so save themselves a media circus and court costs since none of them are capital offenses (i.e. - murder). I wonder how much of this "charity work" is actual work or just him cutting a check for a tiny percent of his earnings while he cruises around in a chromed Bentley snorting coke of a naked hooker's ass. I also wonder how much of his "charity work" is the result of community service deals.

there sure is alot of speculation and conspiracy theories in your post, blind_io.

Check again, I'm just asking questions.

Conspiracy theories suggest that something illegal is going on, I'm not suggesting that at all. This is the way the system works and there's no secret about that. Any time you go to fight a ticket and they "automatically" reduce the fine you are doing the exact same thing - pleading to a lesser charge.

I don't have an "agenda" but if you think that his public record is a record of what really happened you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The guy gets high priced lawyers and pleas down to lesser charges. The courts go along with it so save themselves a media circus and court costs since none of them are capital offenses (i.e. - murder). I wonder how much of this "charity work" is actual work or just him cutting a check for a tiny percent of his earnings while he cruises around in a chromed Bentley snorting coke of a naked hooker's ass. I also wonder how much of his "charity work" is the result of community service deals.
:yes:

We can debate him being an 'artist' and what that means, or whether it's race thing all day; but Australia can still bar him access using laws already on thier books. Yes he was (and probably still is a Crip), so even if he's trying to leave it behind I can't blame him for carrying a gun. With his arrest record he couldn't get one legally anyway.