snow-related accidents (video)

stupid americans ... ever heard of snow tires?

haz

swek said:
Not trying to jump out of the car. What was that all about ?
probabely so she could say to her husband she didnt crash the car

I was JUST in a crash 2 hours ago, my m8 locked the wheels when braking around the corner, panicked and smashed into a wall.

i was at the back so np :D

it was 2002 citroen saxo desire, most of it we have fixed just need new bumper and front left wing.

All he had to do is let go of the brake, apparantly he didn't know you can lock the wheels up :D

doesn't look bad now:
car.jpg

chaos386 said:
swek said:
Not trying to jump out of the car. What was that all about ?
I guess they'd rather be run over than endure a 5mph crash. :dunno:

I think they've seen too much Hollywood movies. Seriously how stupid can you be ?
This one dude even inspected his cars rear end while standing in between his and another car.
Maybe that's cool if you like your legs broken.

They all locked up their brakes. Where was ABS??? If no ABS then why not pump the brakes. And on top of that. How about a set of winter tires.

The people jumping out of cars was moronic. They were also probably going too fast coming over the hill and panicked. We have that kind a hill here in town and I've never seen something like that happen. Everybody seems to stop.

It was quite funny to watch. Bunch of idiots that are unprepared for the weather.

I found that rather entertaining :)

....to watch that is, I'd hate to be the one in the sliding car....people don't seem to understand that locked wheels when sliding do nothing for you....

I was watching the news last week and they were making fun of those americans just jumping out of there cars. Why would you jump? :? There was a woman who jumped out of her S-Type Jag and it wasnt cos it was soo ulgy. Another man jumps out of his M-Class Merc and it wasnt cos of mercs build quality either! :p Ahh, I luv Sydney weather. :roll:

Templer, maybe reword your reply a bit...sounds like you're telling VUK off because his friend had a fender-bender....I was about to yell at you before I realized I might be mis-reading your answer....you may want to clear that up :|

I acutally read the first part (as in the first group of words before the comma), the middle and this looked at the picture ^_^;;

how would i be telling him off?...first of all do u mean like i'm telling him hes an idiot?

the easy answer part was for Bigfoot's question "what do you think would be the smartest thing to do if this happened to you? "

Btw, American drivers aren't the best in the world soo that video is so true...i mean who jumps out of a car when u are about to hit anothor car...its like airbags will pop out and then ur entire front car just get destoried...its a fender-bender...ish

though, i did like the guy useing the passenger door trying to slow the car down even though it did nothing...and the people in the red SUV saying...are we gonna get hit from the back?

At least they stayed inside the vehicle. Unlike the guy checking his rear bumper in between two cars when all the cars where hitting each other. What a moron. And of course that woman almost being run over by the Merc. :roll:

Is it just me or does it seem that ABS is optional in the States in a lot of the vehicles. Even the Jag had full lock and I thought they come standard with ABS. OR it could be that the cars weren't maintained. Maybe some of you have the answer to that.

Personally i think most or even ALL cars that aren't super old have ABS...i guess its locking cuz they are freaken braking as hard as they can and i don't think ABS can react to that...with a combination of ice

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Personally i think most or even ALL cars that aren't super old have ABS...i guess its locking cuz they are freaken braking as hard as they can and i don't think ABS can react to that...with a combination of ice

But that's what disturbs me. I've breaked really hard on snow in my parent's vehicles that have ABS and it came on. This is why it just boggles my mind. All those cars looked like my Cavalier without ABS. :lol: